Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Here's A Question For You

What is the maximum points your OGBL team can score on one swing of the bat?

Some might consider this a trick question

Re: Here's A Question For You

Hmmm, not sure where you are going with this unless I can be on the other end of the equation - JJ pitching a complete game shutout, that last swing would be worth a bunch :)

Kelly, it looks like I left out an important part of the question.
This would concern your batter!

I'll put the pitching question up later.

I'm going to say 8... bases clearing triple, steal home, 8 points.

That's a good guess Kelly, I like adding the SB there as it could come before the next pitch.

But this would involve just one pitch, in which the batter does hit the ball. Remember, this most likely will never happen, but it would be possible.

A hint: The bases are full of "teammates".

Last guess, the hitter is actually your pitcher so whatever a win plus a shutout/complete game, etc etc is worth.

The simple answer is 7. Batter gets credit for a bases clearing triple but on the throw to third the ball goes into the dugout and he scores a run. No pitches just pure points.

Re: Here's A Answer For You

First of all, I did mention something about a "trick" to the question. Also, I gave a hint that the 3 runners were "teammates". This means that the 3 runners, as well as the batter are all on your team. This would make a grand slam worth 10 points.
With the game situation being 2 outs, bottom of the 9th, the score 0-0, the grand slam would end the game with a 4-0 score. Your SP went 9 innings for the winning team, so you get the W, CG, and SO with the win brought on by the grand slam.

Total change by one swing of the bat would be 20 points.

Jimi ... I hate to doubt the Commish but what about this:

Bases loaded with your guys, your SP goes 8.2 and loads the bases after an error. Your closer comes in.

One pitch hit to the OF clears bases and runner gets thrown out trying for home after bad throw to third.

3 pts for runs scored, 3 points for RBI, 3 pts triple, 3rd pt for out, 5 for S, 1 GF, 1 for QS, 5 for W. Total 20.3.

Barry, I guess there are more scenarios than I first realized. I've come up with a few more too.

I will guess 11.

I posted my answer before I read everyone else's.Then came up with 17.Missed the runners being my guys.