Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I forgot the rule

I already made a waiver pickup for the week that we are in. But, since then Manny R went on the DL and Choo will join him today.

If I remember the rule correctly, I can still officially put at least one on them on the DL and pick up a replacement this week.

I read that Jimi is on a camping trip and away from computer access, so probably later today I'm gonna make a move and if I'm incorrect then I'm sure Jimi will adjust when he gets back.

If anybody out there knows the rule for sure, please post it for me. Thanks

Re: I forgot the rule

Ray, you are allowed one Add/Drop per week. You can make all the Add/DL moves needed, there is no restriction on DL moves. Just remember that the DL'ed player must be on the MLB DL as well as on the CBS DL. Sometimes CBS is a little tardy in changing the player status from A to DL.

Thanks Jimi

Does that apply to add/ML also, Jimi?

Earl, I guess I should of added the Add/ML to it. You can treat the Add/ML the same as the Add/DL.
They both are not limited to 1 per week like the Add/Drop is.

Jimi, let me see if I understand this correctly. Our deadline to get our players into our lineup is just before the game, in this case Thursday, but our 1 add/drop per week runs from Monday thru Sunday. Correct?

Earl, things can get a little tricky when it comes to the short All-Star week.
As for the Add/Drop period you can say that it runs from Monday to Sunday, but you have to remember that the Sunday pickups are not awarded to you until 1:00 on Monday (which can be confussing). I do wish that CBS would move the waiver time up two hours so the results would come out the same day.
With the short week coming up I will be reminding all the owners that use an Add/Drop before the game on Thursday and insert him into week #15 lineups that they have used their one Add/Drop for week #15. Last year we had a couple guys who made an Add/Drop on Wednesday, put the player into week #15's lineup an then made another Add/Drop on Sunday (which I had to reverse) to put into week 16's lineup. As I mentioned at the beginning, it can become confusing at times.
This year I will be e-mailing everyone who has used an Add/Drop to remind them that they can not make another Add/Drop until week #16 is underway.