Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How was the game?

Jose, how was the Yankees game Saturday night? Did you take any pictures? :)

Re: How was the game?

The game was great :^). What did you expect a Yankee fan to say ? My friend from Houston arrived in NY on time (3p.m.) and we met at the stadium at 6:30, grabbed a bite, sat in our seats way up high in the upper deck, but they were right behind home plate where we could clearly see if the ball pitched was right over it or not, but no idea how high or low it was. It was my friend's first ever post season Yankee game and he took a lot of good memories with him. I got to tell you the Yankees are looking great; all the cylinders are running smoothly. Hughes looked very sharp and poised the first 4 innings; then it looked like the long Yankee at bat threw him off a bit, but he did recover very nicely. My friend pointed out how ironic it is that everybody was worried about all the pitching from the Yankees after C.C. and it turns out that C.C. had the worst outing of all 3 pitchers. Every Yankee hitter had a hit last night except Gardner, but he even contributed with a nice sac fly when it was still a game. Sorry but no pictures were taken.My friend is now rooting for Texas so he could drive the 3.5 hrs. from Houston to Arlington and root for his Yankees while in Texas.

Boy,do I envy you.Glad the Bombers could wrap it up with you in attendance.The next step won't be so easy,glad they are going 5 games.Lee vs Price tomorrow.Are Yankees home if Texas wins as they had a better record but Texas won a div?

As the wild card entry, Yankees will be away no matter who wins between Texas and T.B.