Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why Inter-league sucks

1st let's start with yesterday's Cin/NY rainout when not 1 drop of rain fell.So they play 2 today.Of course some of the Yankee oldtimers can't play both games as they had played around 15 straight days so the last 4 hitters in the lineup are Martin,Nunez,Pena & the pitcher.Boy that would sure scare me if I was pitching.I like it more when Gardner is batting 9th & the Yanks are at full strength

Re: Why Inter-league sucks

But Martin leads Catcher all-star voting by a quarter-million votes! Surely you jest...

I had to look... Second is Mauer who leads Avila and Santana by a far margin also. It's like Weekend at Bernies.

Nothing has changed but the voting this year is as bad as ever IMO.

Here is a cool inter-league story though. I just bought tickets today to see the Marlins play here as the home team. Seems U2 messed with home plans and playing here was the best solution. I will get to see inter-league how it should be.. N.L. rules at home..pitchers batting, no DH, perfect except for not batting last.

The best part.. season ticket holders weren't notified until the mariners schedule was already released and very few bought the extra tix. I was able to snag front-row seats with a 40% discount today.. tix that normally aren't available to the public.. sweet!

I'll be sitting just foul of the Mike Stanton non-homeruns on Saturday

How exciting.All Star voting are popularity contests.Martin hitting around .230,should be batting 8th.Can you compare him with any other team's #6 hitter?

Pretty good stuff Kelly.....from top to bottom