Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Minor League Players

There's a new rule this year that will allow each team to "Keep" 2 minor leaguers for the 2012 season. These 2 players will NOT count as one of your regular keepers.

To be eligible a player can not play over these amounts.

Hitters - 13 or more games played
Starters - 4 or more games started or 7 or more games pitched
Relievers - 7 or more games pitched

Also, the player must be on your roster by 7-31-11.

Re: Minor League Players

so the idea is for us to do research before the 31st and if we claim some hidden minor league gems and roster them, we get to keep them for next season.

Is that the idea?

Ray, yes, you can save 2 minor league players for next season.
This rule has been in effect since February, I just posted it to remind everyone that the July 31st date is approaching.

Right now there are 17 MiL players on OGBL rosters. Of those 17, 12 are still eligible to keep and not count as a "Keeper".

I noticed that rule last week when I was researching if you got the extra waiver pick for a MiL as well as a DL. BRO grabbed himself 2 MiL that hopefully will not play this year but be stars next year. Too bad some of the real top ones went in this years draft.

I picked up Drew Promerenz last night but did it in an illegal matter. Read the rules this morning after being allerted my Jimi and I guess there is a box to check that sends him to the minors if the claim is allowed. Just a reminder for those of us whoes brains can't remember so well anymore ( I may be the only one) Ya gotta read the proceedures that are not ingrained in your mind. Sorry. I will be simplfing my baseball life next year and that may lead to being a better baseball buddy. ( but who knows??)