Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Not Much Use

There isn't that much use of this forum any more, which leads me to think I might be canceling it out in a money saving move.
I prefer using this over the CBS chatroom when it comes to OGBL info but the truth is I have to wonder if that many even come here to get the latest news.
I'm considering using the e-mail for league stuff next year.

Re: Not Much Use

Jimbo - I asked a keeper question a couple of days ago. I always check the forum and think it is a useful tool for important info and for things more permanent. The chat board is for just that. chatting for those who are online at the same time.

Actually I was going to be looking for the posting of last year's draft pretty soon, too. LOL

If guys like this board we could fold the cost into the league cost? We could vote on it

I check it almost every day, just don't post much.

I'm of the belief that we should all share in all costs, including this one, associated with our league. This forum is very useful to stay all in touch during the winter; once the season starts we get all wrapped up with the CBS site and the chat room, but I also check here every day.

I agree with everyone,I'm on it almost everyday before I go on the CBS site.Once the season ends we have no place to go even if it's only a couple of times a week.

Jimi...You should be splitting all costs among the group as a whole. I am like the "jersey" guys..I come here to see what you have to offer, but then go to the chat board for nightly yacking. Not much serious on the chat board but I enjoy joking with the troops.

Re: More Use Than I Thought

I do appreciate the replies here and if you guys want this forum to remain in the future then it will. The cost is $40.00 a year, something I will handle. Now that I know it's something you guys want, I see no problem in keeping it!

The OGBL website is the next one to be questioned. Do you guys care one way or the other about it?

I think the main OGBL page is great. Lots of interesting, informative and fun things to navigate through.

Jimi...I prefer not to chance anything ( except the standings ). I consider this group my closest fantasy baseball friends and I value everyone. Would not like to see anything deminish (sp) (for Ted).

I like the Board because if I have a question everyone sees the answer. In the chat room ... it goes so fast you would miss the Q&A if you did not log on that day.

I have no issue with sharing the cost. Though there is something to say about the team with the worse record paying!