Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My "what went wrong" post

Hi guys, just some bored late-night reflecting on what went wrong this year. I managed a couple of weekly's which was cool but...

When looking at my keepers last year, I arguably had the top-ranked group of keepers on CBSsports paper.... according to projected rankings. 5 of my keepers are in this group of "what went wrong" players.

Rankings
Proj Actual
Longoria, Evan 8 107
Crawford, Carl 30 228
Rasmus, Colby 136 227
Morneau, Justin 62 540 his backup:
Davis, Ike 100 644
Hanson, Tommy 70 220
Johnson, Josh 24 587

Goes to show projections are just that.

On a bright note, I traded Reyes and FA'd my 2 most productive hitters not Cargo:

Cabrera, Asdrubal 252 44
Castro, Starlin 229 47

Trading Kemp hurt but only in hindsight. Owning Crawford and Cargo and Kemp hitting under .250 and caught stealing almost half the time and Rihanna this Rihanna that but with potential, I'd do it again. C.C. was big for me too this year (no pun intended).

Someday I hope to have a winning record in this league!

Glad I don't have to select keepers for awhile this year...

Re: My "what went wrong" post

Kelly: All those guys in that list underperformed or were hurt a lot; last year you had a winning record- we were in same division and you had a better record than me. I need you to e-mail me your address so I can send you a check. My e-mail is : elgallonj@hotmail.com

Jose,it's 14 Will Lane Wharton.NJ 07885

Jose...don't let Ted fool you, the correct address is : General Delivery Akron, Ohio 44313