Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone Watch Game #6?

I did, and I was glad I did so! To me it was a great game that had about everything in it. From shabby defense to great clutch hitting, to great plays, to poor base running, to a game winning walk off homer! Not to mention STL's two comebacks in back-to-back (9th and 10th) innings.

Can't help but feel for the Rangers' fans right now. The WS championship was in their grasp. I remember this well from the '02 WS when the Giants were up 5-0, with 7 outs to go. I was already celebrating when it all came crashing down by losing both the 6th and 7th games.
With game #7 tonight, we'll see how it turns out very soon.

Re: Anyone Watch Game #6?

We finally went to bed as the game was going into the bottom of the 11th. My fuse was just s smigen too short. One strike away from winning the World Series in both the 9th and 10th inning may very well go down as the biggest turning points in baseball, even including Billy Buckner booting an easy bouncer.

Re: Anyone Watch Game #6?

Yes! Don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said.. what a game.

I will say this as heard during the playoffs: They say it's a game of inches. Besides the whole 9th and 10th inning thing.. St Louis comes back in September from double-digits and only is in the playoffs because the Braves get swept by Phillies in the last series. They then beat Philly and play the Brewers who funny enough, had Fielder who locked up home field advantage for the N.L. during the All-Star game and of course the Cards. It was a SEASON of inches for S.L.

Re: Anyone Watch Game #7?

History repeated itself. With STL winning game #7 after coming back to win #6.
I do feel the pain that Ranger fans are going through.

Re: Anyone Watch Game #7?

Game 6 was a heck of a game. Game 7 ... not so much.