Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CBA

Talk about quite. I didn't even know the CBA was up and they already agree to sweeping changes.

Re: CBA

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Houston moves to AL, so now we have 2 15 teams league, so inter-league games all season; 2 more wild card teams, so 10 out of 30 will make the post-season. And peace on labor front for next 5 years.

I do believe that the added wild card slots will make it better. With both wild card teams from each league having a 1 game play-in, it no longer means that wild card teams go in to the playoffs at the same level as the 3 division winners.
Teams will definitely want to win the division much more than just settling for the wild card.

Re: CBA - Ted

CBA = Collective Bargaining Agreement

Re: CBA - Ted

Thanks for filling me in on the ruination of baseball.How far can you hit a snowball?Money,money,money sounds like Joel Grey in Cabaret.

Division winners avoid the "play-in" game. Not only does that avoid the chance of being knocked out, but it forses the WC team to play their best SP for the "play-in" and give him only 1 start in the next round.

The re-alignment also means all teams have a 1 in 5 shot (mathimatically at least) of winning the division rather than some 1 in 6 every year while others were 1 in 4.