Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Time ...

What is a reasonable amount of time to expect a trade offer to be acted on ... accept, refuse or counter? I get annoyed if it isn't acted on within 48 hours. Is that a reasonable expectation or not?

Re: Time ...

that's a good question. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer. If there is an etiquette involved, it would be good to know.

Hi Barry,

I wasn't around much this weekend and for what it's worth I took the trade seriously. I am still trying to decide my keepers and if I should try and do a 2-1 and try for a premier player with the uncertainty of Morneau, etc...and although it's pretty clear I need to trade a SS, I'm admittedly taking it slow after the blockbuster last year that had me trading Kemp and Reyes early. So many of my guys are question marks going into 2012.

One thing that would be helpful would be for everyone to update their "on the block" list, even if it's to say "I'm not trading". I think some of us aren't even around though. Anyway, I promise to update mine shortly.

You are right about a reasonable time frame, sorry to keep you waiting..

I'm not sure there needs to be a certain time. Some trades take longer than others. There's been times when I had multiple trade offers out using my same guys in all of them. Under the remarks I let each of them know that you should check it out as the trade offer might not be around that long.
Also, I do believe that some of us don't mess with the pc as much in the winter.

I've made 6 offers,one really good one for the other team was rejected,another rejected & 3 still out there.I'm with you,I'd like to know so I can procede or sit tight.Drafting 10 is going to be tough.

I would think 5 to 7 days. I know sometimes I don't have time on the pc to check it out right away..

Ted: I made 6 offers and I am 0-6. However... only 5 were rejected. One I withdrew after it sat out there 72 hours and got no reponse at all. Although I understand not everyone "lives fantasy baseball" year round, you really can't leave a trade on the table too long because the other person could accept after learning news about the players that was not available when the offer was made. If a team wants to offer me the same deal and nothing has changed I would most likely accept.

At least a response would be nice.Maybe,thinking about it,counter offer,something

I've got a trade dangling out there, too. But, it's early and not everybody is concentrating on this right now.

I have fun just coming up with different offers and seeing what happens.

Hey guys....I have not looked at anything for a week or so, If you want to trade with me it is best to just send me an e-mail. I look at my e-mail every day but not other sites. ALSO A HEADS UP..Pat and I will be leaving for five weeks for the first time in the 16 years that Ihave been retired, so I will be computerless the month of January. Just consider me a non trader, which is what I prefer anyway. Merry Christmas everyone.

Re: Bob

Bob, if someone makes a trade offer to you it will be automatically sent to your e-mail address.

No computer for 5 weeks? I'm sure that will be an interesting time. Back in the pre computer days no one gave it much thought, but these days there could be a withdrawal period

Re: Bob

Have a great time Bob