Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Worse than last year

Last year I complained because I didn't have any projected first round draft picks on my team. Well, this year it's even worse as when I look at the CBS mock draft, I don't have one player that was picked in either the first or second rounds of the draft. I expect my team to be a little better than last year and I think it's trending in the right direction but damn it's depressing to look at a list of players that the experts think will have the biggest impact in 2012 and not see one name on your roster. And I'm not really sure how to fix the problem but I don't think a person can win without at least one or two top players. I guess I'll just have to keep drafting the prospects and hope that one turns into a superstar but patience has never been one of my better qualities.

Thanks goes to Ted for offering me that trade. It got me back into thinking about baseball again.

Re: Worse than last year

It was eitherEthier not the same letters in each or Bruce.I guess we'll know in 9 months if I made the right choice.Hoping to see Weeks put up another 550 pt season.Roll the dice.I still have a good offer out there but haven't heard a response yet.Maybe he's waiting but I have to move on.

Re: Worse than last year??

Dick, I was thinking you have a pretty good core to work from. Getting Bruce was a good move.
You have two highly ranked outfielders, two extremely solid SPs and two good shortstops (are you thinking of trading one?).
I wouldn't pay much attention to other rankings, yours is the one that counts.

I have been waiting on Couch Managers ratings, maybe I better take a peak at CBS top two rounds.

Just looked at CBS top 300. Either I don't know baseball or they are way, and I mean WAY off base on their picks. Happy New Year.

Thanks Jimi, I like my core as well and shouldn't be whining. I just got all excited about baseball and went and looked at a mock draft and didn't like what I saw.

Weeks and Rollins made for a very fine scoring middle infield for most of the year but both of those guys got hurt and didn't help me one bit during the stretch run and playoffs. Weeks is already gone and one way or another Rollins will not be part of my opening day lineup either.