Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Keeper rules thought

In many Keeper leagues a keeper is kept as a function of where he was drafted (or the price auctioned). That makes it possible to keep a rookie (or other)that was a good hit but still not a star without suffering because they are not in your top players yet. For example, if you draft a player in round 25 who plays like a round 15 he helps the year you draft him but he can't be a keeper under our current rules without cutting a player that may be 7 rounds better (ie a round 8 player). In other keeper leagues you might be able to keep that 25th rounder in lieu of your 20th round (or some other number) pick.

Any one else think that is a better way to go?

Re: Keeper rules thought

Sounds interesting Barry. Personally, I like the simplicity of this format. Keep your best core guys and then we draft the rest. Gives everybody a better chance to level the field each year.

Barry, there are many, many ways to run fantasy leagues. Some are very basic and some are very extreme. In the case of the OGBL, we started out as a basic run league and we've added a few new twists as the seasons have passed. Even with the new additions we're still pretty much a basic league with not too many complicated (for me anyway) rules and regulations.
As the commissioner, I do not want to bring in more changes that can result in confusion to some owners. I try to keep things as simple as possible and at the same time keep the league exciting and most of all, fun for everyone.
If anyone is looking for more elaborate run leagues to play in, check out this place,
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/board/10757598

I'm happy where I'm at.I have to drop a few guys I don't want to & hope I can get them back in the draft.Last year I dropped Beltre & was able to redraft him.Turned out good except for the minor injury.