Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Player News Problem

Anyone else having a problem with the Player News section of the OGBL Main page.

It used to expand more info when I clicked on the headline. I found another way to access the info, but it takes longer.

Re: Player News Problem

Ray, I assume you're talking about our OGBL CBS League Home. I'm not sure exactly what it is that you are talking about as I don't frequent the Player News feature. I did go there and I see no change from what I can remember, I clicked on "More News" and it gave me detailed info on the players that are listed.
Personally I have found CBS' player info is sometimes behind some of the other fantasy sites. Very seldom do they put something up that I haven't already read earlier somewhere else.
Other sites that focus on player news just do a better job doing it!

I really enjoy the feature where you can get news for just players on your team. If we are really going to daily changes, this is going to be a huge feature for those of us who don't have time to go through everything at Rotoworld to find that your #3 pitcher woke up with the flu. IMO CBS does a good enough job with reporting the major stuff and I use it almost exclusivly (sp?) once the season starts.

for me it still shows the first line of the story, but before when i clicked it would expand with more info.

Ray, my page is normal, at least it looks like it did last year. I'm thinking you might want to take this up with the CBS Help Center. Sorry I can't help you out.

Re: Player News - Reply to Dick

I didn't mean to make it sound like CBS is no good, I just feel that they don't get some of the news up soon enough for me.
Yes, we are switching to daily lineup changes this season. This means you won't have to worry about an SP being a last minute no show, being it an injury or a rainout. If you have an SP scheduled to go and he doesn't, you don't lose his start (except on Sunday), you simply start him or another SP the next day.

Re: Player News - Reply to Dick

Ray, I had that problem the last couple of days, but I could still get the info by clicking on the yellow square beside the players name instead of the headline. But today it's working fine, like last yr.

I was having that problem yesterday but like Earl mentioned, it seems to be fixed now.

Yep. It works again for me, too.