Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Montero-Pineda Trade

I like this trade for my Yankees; I think it's a good trade for both teams. Mariners need hitters and the Yankees need pitching. Both of these kids could turn out to be super. Pineda was lights out last year and Montero was lights out at the end of season. I can see Pineda winning 20 with the Yankees and Seattle giving Montero all the time he needs to see if he can become a top elite Catcher.

Re: Montero-Pineda Trade

P.S. Kelly must be very happy; he has a nice 1-2 SP Yankee punch for 2012.

Hum ... all of a sudden the Yanks need to DH. Mr Fielder anyone?

From the fantasy side of this trade, I see it as making Kelly's keeper decision that much tougher. Since he owns both Pineda and Montero, he can keep them both. But, it now comes down to a numbers game as I see a possible 10 keepers here.
With Montero now a Mariner, one has to wonder if he has moved up into the top 8 of the Heroes keeper list?

Jimi, you are right on. I had a list of 8 I was good with and now that has changed most likely. I wasn't sure Montero even had a job with the Yankees but you know the M's will play him. I guess with daily changes that doesn't matter so much anyway.

As far as the trade goes, I was a huge Pineda fan - obviously. I'm not thrilled with losing him but going back to when we had Felix and Cliff Lee, the M's have had the best 3 year run of pitching in franchise history. And the worst offense in history during that same time so it's hard to argue about getting a big bat. We have some exciting pitching in the pipeline too so this really just confirms, along with not seriously going after Prince, that we are playing for 2-3 years out.

The young guys will play, cream will rise to the top and maybe we go after another marquis bat in a couple years.