Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hello Everyone

Hi, My name is Bob Hart. I have known Jimi for about 3 years. Many times he mentioned the great league he had and the good people in it. I asked Jimi a long time ago that if an opening ever came up in the league, I would love to join. I am thankful to be asked in and I proud to be in with a top-notch group of people. I take fantasy baseball seriously, but I do like to have fun. Jimi said the league had a patrotic theme, so I named mine in honor of my father, who served in the U. S. Navy in World War II. If you have seen the landing craft transporting the ground troops from the ships to the shore, my father drove the landing craft. I will be learning the ropes in the league and I look forward to meeting you all. Bob

Re: Hello Everyone

The first league rule is you must bench your outfielders on Sundays. New rule actually....

Must of us like to have a little fun here as well. Cool story about your Father. You've actually inspired me to look into my Grandfathers military history a bit more... not that my team name would change.

Welcome and good luck!

-Kelly

Hi Bob: Welcome to Old Glory Baseball League or simply OGBL. There's another rule that Kelly forgot to mention and that is that rookies are not allowed to win any weekly prizes, so if you're team is close to getting high point for the week by Saturday night, you must bench all your top players on Sunday. You're going to love it here ( by the second year )

Hi Bob....
I am Bob Oberlin and will be known from now on as Bobo, as in Bobo the Clown.
I finished dead last in the league last year mainly do to drying brain cells at the advanced age of 77, but to a lesser degree by 11 other guys that are very sharp in the game of baseball. I have been playing some type of fantasy baseball for the past 41 years and have forgotten much more than I have retained. I am looking forward to getting to know you this year and warmly welcome you to the OGBL. ( the name 20th Maine can be checked out by reading about the battle of Little Round Top at Gettysburg )

Yes, I know about the 20th Maine. I have been to Gettysburg. I enjoyed the TBS movie about Gettyburg, but it was exciting to be standing on the actual spot where Picket's Charge happened. I loved it. BobH

Welcome Bob. I'm the only member of the group from the great state of Oregon and to be clear, I'm a Beavers fan and hate the Ducks I think I'm also the only one in the group who currently has young kids so when you see my avatar for the league, I'm not some pedophile, that's my daughter Cool to hear about your father. My father also served as he was in the Air Force but served after WWII and before Vietnam so never saw active duty. Good luck and have fun. Jimi runs a great league and this a great group.

Dick Moreland

Welcome aboard Bob.

Welcome Bob. Second rule ... new players are not allowed to place their first year in the league but they must do go in the regular season and have a bad draft position in year two.

Barry aka Big Red One or BRO for short