Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Critique of Draft

Guys I thought it might be fun to critique our own drafts and share our thoughts. ( I don't think we should critique a fellow OGBL choices - but I for one would welcome anyone ripping into my choices ). 1. I like my choice of Andrus over Ramirez in round 9. Only because I realized that there was a much larger drop off of talent at SS then at 3B. The draft seems to bear out that thought. However, I made a major error in not drafting my 3B position one round earlier. Four guys went in the round before I took Freese who was only my 3rd choice of those five. 2. Another error was taking my closer, Motte, at least two rounds too early. Motte, Paps, or Rodney would have been available later.

Re: Critique of Draft

Bob: I was very surprised when you took Andrus; the 2 guys I had on my Q were Andrus or ARam, but I always thought you would take ARam before Andrus. I would have taken Andrus if you had gone for ARam because even though I thought there were a lot of better players than Andrus left, I did agree with you about the big drop-off after Andrus in SS. I'm happy with my SS choices: Rutledge and Hardy. I'll be playing musical chair with them. After the 9th round I was prepared to draft an SP, but I saw 4 names that I was targetting disappear before my next pick (Kennedy, Samardzija, Peavy, Harvey). Overall I'm hoping I have a good enough team so I don't draft 2nd next year.

I think your picks of two Indian starters( I picked two also) was very interesting in a good way.

I've got to believe that with such and improved offense and stellar outfield defense that these guys have to improve significantly over last year stats.

If they don't, then we're both in trouble.

Ray your right about the tribe's great defensive outfield, the only downside is that most of the tribe hurlers are ground ball pitchers. But as we all know those guys let a ball up in the hitting zone every so often.

I never did critique your picks, like you asked. I think Andrus was the pick to make for the reason you suggested.

I think your offense is one to be reckoned with, this year. IMO, pitching is the key to this fantasy season and all you need is a couple of your picks to step up.