Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A New Draft Coming To The OGBL

The OGBL commissioner announced that the OGBL will conduct a special First Year Player Draft this June. The exact date to be announced later (19th or 20th).
The OGBL has allowed MiL players for a few years now and each season more are being added to the rosters. To make this fair we will be having a mini 3 round draft at Couch Managers on one of the dates listed above. This will not be a mandatory draft, teams not wishing to participate won't have too.
The order of the draft will be the OGBL won-loss records as of Sunday, June 14th. Any players not selected will be free agents and be available on the waiver wire.
The MLB First Year Player Draft will be conducted on June 8th, 9th, and 10th.

This draft is for first year players only (College and High School).

Re: A New Draft Coming To The OGBL

Jimi ... if we are going so far as to have a minor league draft ... would you please consider expanding the number of minor league keepers we can have year to year.

Also, you need to decide if there will be a draft cost per player. It seems silly that you can draft a top 2015 prospect to free but the week before or week after the draft you would pay 50 cents to add a player from a prior season's undrafted minor leaguer via the waiver wire.

PS: I love the idea of the minor league draft. Hopefully I will not be drafting first in it.

Barry, thanks for the feedback. I should of made it clearer, it will cost .50 to add your new MiL player(s) to your roster after our draft. As for increasing the amount of MiL Keepers, that will need to be discussed further.

Also, may I add, no amateur (College-High School) players can be taken in the OGBL draft (March) or on free agent waivers after our draft. Come June each team can take up to 3 players in our amateur draft. The next day all undrafted (by OGBL) amateurs will become free agents and available on the wire.

What about International player yet to clear to sign? Can they be drafted or picked up on waivers?

Sounds like fun. I'll have to look for a good source of scouting info, ....besides the local little league fields!