Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fantasy Mags

There's quite a few Fantasy Baseball magazines out there, and some of you pick them up annually. I purchased one today at Barnes & Nobel, the first one in many years. The one I got is "The Fantasy Baseball Guide 2015". The reason I bought this issue, it contains a mock draft that was done last November.
Now why would I want to look at a mock draft that was done months ago? Good question. Just so happens I was a part of this one, representing CouchManagers. I brought it home and checked out the draft. It was a 15 teamer with NFBC rules, with fantasy writers, the so called experts of the industry.
The reason I generally stay away from these magazines is because they are somewhat outdated by the time they hit the newsstands. This is a perfect example here as how could anyone seriously take the results from such an 'old' mock draft? Myself, I counted 9 guys (out of 22) that I drafted then that I would not draft now, not to mention where (round) they were drafted.
Things in the fantasy baseball world change drastically from November to Feb/March!

Re: Fantasy Mags

I used to buy the baseball magazines every year, but no longer. One reason is like Jimi said, it is dated come February. Another reason is that I have no life and I keep up with baseball every day. The main reason is that with the mock drafts I have done, I have changed several keeper decisions from what I had in October. But that is just me. I am not putting down those that do buy them. No judgements, just letting you know how it is here. There is a snow storm raging here in Tennessee, but I know baseball is not far away.