Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Records. Made to be broken

I am starting to get back into the swing of things and was listening to the MLB channel the other day. Sounds like I could see history in Spring Training this year with the new timing rule. Just imagine, a 2-pitch strikeout or an 8 pitch inning. Heck, even a seven pitch inning is possible now. That thought got stuck in my mind so I'd thought I'd share

Re: Records. Made to be broken

So how long until this pace of game stuff gets killed when a SP gets hurt because the other pitcher throws a 7 pitch inning or two and the other SP has to keep rushing back to the mound.

Re: Records. Made to be broken

One possible solution would be for pitchers to throw strikes and force the batters to swing. I love baseball, but nothing is more frustrating on a 95 degree day than to have a pitcher nibbling around the edge of the strike zone, trying to get a batter to swing at a pitch. You end up with several 10-plus pitch at bats and that takes time. Throw strikes and chances are the ball will be hit to a teammate and soon the inning will be over. It's quite simple, really.