Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
All Prospects Are Not Equal

If you are not a prospect nut, then please disregard my ramblings. As you may or not know, Carlos Correa SS HOU has been called up to the Majors. This is the biggest news since Kris Bryant was called up in April. We prospect nuts are all a-twitter with excitement. My point to all this is that it will be interesting to see if Correa will contribute from the beginning. Bryant started hitting almost immediately. Maikel Franco started out slowly, but is now heating up. Addison Russell and Rusney Castillo have struggled. I have Correa in two leagues where he has to be activated right away. I have him in two other leagues where I can keep him on my minor league roster until he accumulates 130 at bats. If he struggles from the onset, that gives him some time to get adjusted. If Correa starts out on fire, it might behoove me to activate him. There's no point in wasting points with him sitting on the bench. It will be interesting. Forgive me if I have bored you with all this. I figure this might interest some people.

Re: All Prospects Are Not Equal

I DOUBT YOU'RE BORING ANYONE IN THIS GROUP; I'M WATCHING THE LIVE AMATEUR DRAFT ON ESPN AS I'M TYPING THIS.

I'm not bored by it. I just wished I owned him!

I do believe that the majority of the OGBL owners keep a close eye on up and coming prospects. Just look at the list that's come up to the majors this season alone.
Bryant, Russell, Rodon, Syndergaard, Gallo, and now Correa. All have been owned by OGBL owners for quite some time. Each year there's been a good number of prospects coming up to the big leagues.

Now that the 2015 MLB First Year Draft is in we can start thinking about our own prospect draft coming up later this month. It looks to be on Friday, June 19th. I will be sending out an e-mail with more on this.

I am in the draft for two picks.