Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The New Champion

2015- Put it in the book ! Congratulations to our new Champ- our commissioner. So now the scores are: Nix Clan- 4 championships; The Jersey Cartel- 3 championships and 1 for Eyes of Texas. If anyone has noticed, the 2 guys who have won twice changed their team's name- the young Nix went from Nation Socks to Giant Nation and the other one from Seabees to MinuteMen, so maybe there's a lesson there. Of the 8 winners, 2 had best overall regular season record ( ARoxx in 2012 and Giant Nation in 2014); 1 had 2nd best overall- Yankee Doodles in 2011); 2 had 3rd best OA reg. season record ( Eyes of Texas in 2009 and MinuteMen this year); 1 had 6th best OA record ( Seabees in 2008); 1 had 7th best OA (Nation Socks in 2010) and then Air Force who had the 9th best OA in2013). Jimi had the highest score the last week of regular season and took that all the way and never looked back this year. Nice finish Commissioner.

Re: The New Champion

Congratulations, Jimi!

Hey I had best record one year and even changed my name but I never won the big one. Must be another piece to the puzzle like good drafting and managing. :>

Oh ... almost forgot. Great job Jimi as winner and commish.

Barry: First you got to win the whole thing, then you got to change your name if you want to win it a second time. Just having the best record only gives you a 25 % chance of winning as demonstrated by us having only 2 out of 8 best record teams win it all.

Thank you guys, it's a pretty good feeling to come out on top in this league. Everything has to go right and luck was on my side this year.

Now that this season is officially over I will begin finalizing 2015 and working on 2016. All the prize money will be going out later this week. We shared the money well this season as 9 owners came out on the positive side.

I am a little tardy with the Congrats Jimi, but then everything is moving slower these days. You finished strong and kept right on going. Now you get to share some of your talent, I for one will be looking to raiding your pool of stars. Congratulations also to X-Ray on a very solid regular season.