Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boo

Boo. Now you have heard boo from me. My apologies to those have sent me trade offers and I have not replied. To be quite honest, since the regular season ended, I have taken a complete break from baseball. I have been working on the Music when I can, but mostly I have been taking care of my wife. She had cancer surgery two years ago on her lymph nodes (throat and neck). She has had no problems until recently when it was discovered that the cancer is still around and that it has covered her lungs with tiny little spots. We have been back and forth to Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville. She is now on a strong, kick-butt drug that hopefully will start fighting the cancer. Enough about our woes. On to baseball. As we all know, I finished dead last (again) in the league. This is not to brag, but in the hopes of showing that I do know a little about fantasy baseball, I did win 2 Championships this year. That being said, I still have much to prove in this league. As of now, I have at least 13 players I want to keep. Obviously, I am going to have to make some serious decisions in February. My plan as of now is to keep just 8 Keepers so that I indeed will have the first overall pick (again) in the draft. As wonderful as this honor is, my goal for 2016 is to get out of the basement and give someone else this wonderful honor of the First Pick. Now, having said that, there are players I would love to have for pick #9 and 10. They are almost certainly players that are Keepers. By all means, keep making trade offers. I have been known for not intending to trade, and then I get a "Godfather" offer. If you have watched the Marlon Brando movie, you know that it is "An offer you just can't refuse". I will strive to be prompt in responding. You never know, I could accept quickly. I have been rambling enough. That is where I am right now. Jimi, I have a package for you that I will mail out this week. Bob

Re: Boo

Hello Bob, I'm very sorry to hear the news about your wife. My prayers will be with you both.

Wow ... very sorry to hear about your wife. She will be in my prayer, too.

same here buddy. your wife will be in my prayers.

So very sorry to hear of the cancer your wife is dealing with, we can only hope and pray it gets better for her... Baseball seems unimportant at times like this, but remember Bob you have a group of guys here at OGBL who really care.

Sorry to hear about your wife, Bob. My best wishes go to you and her. Hope you both get through this.

Hey Bob,

Prayers sent for you and your wife. And, since you're not in my lg, good luck this next year!

HI Bob,

Gail and I will also keep the misses in our prayers.. May she rest easy and gain strength over the winter.. Hugzzz from both of us

Ron

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support. We really appreciate it.