Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trades-2015-2016

Trades are made to improve one's team in the short run or in the long run. I'm putting these here neither to congratulate anyone or insult anyone; most of these speak for themselves and I believe we get a better look at the merits of a trade after 2 seasons than after just one. Keep in mind that some players may have left a team after one season, so what looks like a good trade for an owner today, may not have been so the last 2 years. So without further delay here are the 13 trades that were made in the winter of 2015-2016 in chronological order. The first trade involved who else: Barry (MIA) and the date was 11/2/15- MIA got Hosmer, Chapman and Yelich and FLE (Dick) got Matt Olson, Nelson Cruz and Zach Wheeler. On 11/4/2015, MIA got Adam Jones and G.N. (Brian) got Stroman and Chapman. On 11/4/15, A.F.1 (Ron) got Price and Adrian Gonzalez and Y.D. (me) got Encarnacion, Gray and Blackmon. On 11/15/15, E.T. (Earl) got Carlos Rodon and MIA got Addison Russell. On 11/15/15, ARoxx (Ray) got Samardzija and E.T. got Pence. On 11/16, MIA got Strasburgh and Choo and Kelly got Greinke, Dee Gordon, and Adam Jones. The next trade was a perfect example of why trades should not be completely evaluated after just one season. On 11/26, E.T. got Greinke and Kelly got Miguel Cabrera. In 2016, Cabrera outscores Greinke 538-393 and then the tables turned in 2017 as Greinke outscored Miguel 538-322. On 12/3, ARocks got Quintana, Verlander and Beltre and Salem (Mark) got Braun and Matt Carpenter. On 12/9, A.F.1 got Bradley Zimmer and Y.D. got Starlin Castro. On 1/20/16, Kelly got Keuchel, Taijuan Walker, and JP Crawford and FLE got Abreu and Swanson. On 2/20/16, MIA got Josh Bell and Jordan Zimmerman and MinuteMen (Jimi) got Addison Russell. On 2/19/16, MIA got Pedroia and Brett Phillips and Rocks got Tanaka and Choo. And finally on 3/3/16, G.N. got Jay Bruce and Salem got Chapman. As you can see MIA was involved in 6 out of the 13 trades and one season after these trades, he cashed in big. Feel free to make any comments. This is what I like to do during the Hot Stove season and I hope you enjoy. Last season's trades will be looked at next winter and this winter's trades will be looked at in 2 years; hopefully I'll be around to do this. Last year we had 15 trades and in case you were wondering MIA was involved in 6 of them. No one can criticize his strategy as he wound up with the second best overall record in 2017 and he is the reigning champ.