Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A New Look?

I got on here this morning and the look has changed after 10 years of it being the same.

Does anyone else see it or is it just me. Reason I'm asking is my computer just recently went through an upgrade and most everything now looks different. Kinda sucks as I'm not one who cares for changes like these.

Re: A New Look?

Yes, I got the same new look and I thought something was wrong. Will need time to adjust to it.

I noticed the change also. Still not a fan of this kind of posting page.

What I did notice is the reduction of useful stats on the player page. Only bare bones stats in relation to previously given info. Have to go to other sites to get similar info.

Ray, what do you mean in player page?

I thought there were less comprehensive player stats when you click on the player but I could be mistaken.

As some of you may know, I'm in the mainland traveling right now................but I saw this thread and it made me think of something I have been thinking of since I joined you guys but was reluctant to address - especially being the new kid on the block. But, I figured what the heck - the worst they could say is "F*ck off!" 8-) I've been a commissioner and player at another site - Fantrax - for 7 years now. IMHO it is probably the premier site in the Fantasy universe for private commissioner leagues. Someone was saying that they weren't a fan of this OGBL posting site, well the Fantrax site allows you to create your own avatar, change font size, color, bold, italics, etc., post YouTube videos, photographs, etc. - so it's whole 'nother dimension from what you have here. It has an amazing amount of commissioner setting options - It's certainly light years ahead of the ESPN league where I also play................. plus it's cheaper. The downside, of course, is that it's different. But it sounds like you are gonna have to get used to another user interface at CBS anyway. I'm gonna be flying to L.A./Anaheim tomorrow to visit my son for a week, but after that I'll be back home. I could set up a "practice league" (at no cost - no obligation). People could check it out, create a bulletin board to post on, Jimi could check out the commish options, etc. Jose already plays over there so he is familiar with the set-up. Anyway, thought I'd throw it out there. The only thing I'd ask is that if you think it's a bad idea or I'm being intrusive, to please be nice about it so maybe you could just say, Fornicate Off!" lol

That sounds really good Walter. I would be interested in participating in a practice league of some sort.

OK, I just set up the skeleton of the league, but I need e-mail addresses to send you an invite. Is there a place to get everyone's e-mail or do I need to get them all individually. Once you get there, you can rearrange the look of your home page to make it work for you. I already started an "OGBL Forum." Anybody can post there. You can alsoi go to Team>>>My Alerts and Preferences, choose a file to serve as your avatar and save it.

I posted a famous baseball video in the OGBL Forum from 1986. Apologies to Red Sox fans. Just to show you what you can do in this forum.

Walter: go to cbs site and click "League" and then click "league details" and then "owners" and there you'll find all owners full name, e mail and even phones.

xraymart@msn.com

Thanks, Jose. I have to check on tomorrow's flight and go to a party tonight. Sent out invites to you and Jimi already. Will try and send out the rest today or tomorrow.

I sent out an e-mail to everyone with an invite to join or you can go to

https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/joinLeague.go?leagueId=1663zc7dja5uxj2t&isSubmit=y

and I believe you can join from there. Let me know if you have problems.

When you get to the league home page go to Message Forums and click on OGBL Forum to post a message.

Thanks for the invite Walt, I am in. Just checked you out on facebook and sent a friend request. I see you are from Glen Rock. I grew up in Saddle Brook, not too far away. About 6 months older than you, young fellow. :smiley:

Walter,

Join Fantrax...

All I need now is invite

baseball4jester2hotmail.com

Thanks

Small world my in-laws lived in Glen Rock until they dies. My brother in-law still does.

Glen Rock

Ray, just spent a few days in Glen Rock visiting my 93-year-old mother on our cross-country "retirement trip." Then flew to L.A. to stay with my son (who works in player development for the Angels) and his girlfriend (who is Diversity and Equity Director for Whittier College) during the Thanksgiving week. Ah, to be young and checkin' out the "hotties" again. (sigh)