Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ohtani under OGBL rules...

Question for everyone:

How do you think CBS will handle Ohtani for position?

How should Ohtani be ruled for player position(s) should he play both ways and CBS allows for it?

Re: Ohtani under OGBL rules...

The first thing the fantasy Baseball world needs to settle is how he wants his name spelled. I keep reading both Otani and Ohtani.

I have to think that CBS will have him listed as SP/DH, maybe SP/OF/DH. That would make scoring in the OGBL rather simple to figure out. The owner would have to play him at SP to get his pitching points on days he pitches. On those days his hitting points do not count as he's in the SP slot. Just as NL pitchers do not score hitting points.
On days he plays the field he'd need to be in a hitters slot to collect the hitter points. As you can see, there shouldn't be any problems with scoring in the OGBL.

Exactly the same way I was thinking.

It may not be that simple. I read because the way the software works CBS may have a hitter Ohtani and a pitcher Ohtani as two completely different people that would either require 2 slots on your team or potentially be owned by different teams. If we want the team that drafts him to get both players, Jimi may need to do some behind the scene letting that team get an extra active slot.

Barry, can you show me where you read that. Personally I can't see why CBS would have a problem listing him as a multi-positional player.
I'm sure it will be ironed out well before the coming season, but it does give the fantasy industry something to talk about.

Why would he be treated any differently than any other player that qualifies at more than one position?

Jimi: See the article entitled "What would Otani mean for Fantasy" on the CBS League Home page under Fantasy Advice. I'm not arguing how he should be handled I was just repeating what CBS is saying.