Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dee Gordon to Seattle

I know this was mostly a salary dump for some international pool money, but it will be interesting to see if they move Cano or Gordon. Hard to believe they would plan to use him in CF if he has only a few winter league games many moons ago of experience.

Can0 still has 6 years and close to $150M left so no one is taking that unless Seattle eats a lot. Gordon has $51M over 4 years left with the last year being either a team option or a vesting option based on 2020 plate appearances. Although it seems to be more than Miami is interested in IMO it might be tradable as a fair value for him or at least not way out of line.

Re: Dee Gordon to Seattle

My gut says that he will make the transition. Good move Mariners.

Seattle has already indicated that they are looking to make Gordon their centerfielder.

I know that is the plan. He has the speed clearly ... we will see how well he takes to learning the angles and avoiding collisions with the wall as well as the other OF. Trea Turner picked it up for the Nats in 2016 without too many rough spots so I'm sure it can be done. That of course does not make it low risk for a team hoping to make the playoffs without a lot of room for error.

B.J. Upton also made the switch from IF to OF and turned out to be better defensively as an outfielder.

Cano could always play 1st at the end of his contract. They have limped into that position for at least a decade, hard to imagine anyone of value will be blocking him, especially seeing as they may be heading into rebuild mode soon.