Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pujols

Now that the Angels have signed Ohtani, they should just cut bait with Pujols. He was the worst everyday player in MLB last year - .672 OPS. I know they owe him $114 million (and it's not MY money), but he's 38 years old and not likely to get any better. He's a liability in the field and can barely run. A grounder with a man on first was an automatic double play last season. The Yankees finally ate the remainder of A-Rod's contract - granted it wasn't 4 year's worth. The Angels would actually be a better team without him (i.e. he had a negative WAR last season.).

Re: Pujols

When Pujols came up I remember some folks doubting his age because he hit the ground running like not only a star but a star in his prime. I know he has had foot issue that are at least some of his problem but you have to wonder if maybe he was older than he said at the beginning of his career. There have been plenty of false birth certificates for people from other countries and frequently they say a player is younger to make his skill level seem even better.

It is sad but I agree it is time to offer him a coaching or front office job. Maybe he can be a player coach and just PH a few times a week.