Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Projections?

When I go to Player>>>Stats they have changed the projections and it says that these are based on 3-year averages. But this cannot be given that there are stats for guys like Jesse Winker (Cincy potential rookie) who are projected for 437 points even though he's barely had a cup o coffee in the Bigs. Ditto Miguel Andujar who is projected for 477 points even though he's had 7 total ABs lin the Show last season. The disclaimer at the bottom of the page says that projections will be out in January. WTF?

Re: Projections?

If you read at the bottom of the page you'll see "NOTE: Current projections are placeholders based on player three-year averages. Complete 2018 projections will be available in early January".

I know they had Turner based on the average of his 2 partial years and as Jimi point out they say folks are based on 3 year averages. For "true" rookies maybe they actually did a projection,

Just looked. They definitely are individual "real" projections today. They do show 2017, 3 year average and projections for 2018. They project Machado for even worse than last year. Yikes.

I have never paid attention to CBS projections; maybe I should start.

Jimi - Yeah, I read the disclaimer at the bottom, but just thought it was weird that they did project for some players based on 7 MLB ABs, etc. I guess that's what they mean by "placeholders" and it was just a "preliminary" set of projections.

Walter - I usually just scroll by anything CBS projects. They are seldom worthwhile.