Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Maybe a few cuts possible

I just counted and there are 162 regular keepers still on the site. That is enough for 15 and a half rounds. Just maybe a few more can be eliminated without much risk.

Re: Maybe a few cuts possible

A team still has 6 more keeper than the next highest team. 21 keepers is a little much on New Year's eve IMO. That is over double the maximum and I don't recall him doing any trading this year so his maximum would be only 8. :frowning:

Not sure how you guys go about instituting (voting upon?) rule changes, but one solution to what Barry is addressing might be to have something like cut down dates (14 keepers by January 1st, 12 by February 1st, for example). You guys would have a better idea about appropriate numbers and dates than me. Do you guys vote upon rule changes? Something like that would also cut to the core of whether an issue is important to a majority of owners or just an irritant to one or two guys. Certainly from a newbie's perspective, the idea of having a great last-minute influx of players into the draft pool on March 1st is daunting and, consequently, I'm with Barry on this one.

There is only the one team that hasn't been able to keep up with the league this year. I believe he has in the past, so the system isn't really broken, IMO.

Having said that, I also wish that the delinquent owner catch up with the group soon.

I'm with Ray on this. I don't care if somebody wants to keep all 40 players until March 17, the day when we all have to announce our keepers. That still gives us a whole week to see who is available. For the most part we can guess who the keepers are in each team with a high degree of certainty. It's not like we have the keepers announcement and one hour later we have to go into the draft. Let's worry about our own team and let everyone else manage their team as they please; some of us, like myself,do not want to get into "baseball mood" until probably February. Sure I'll buy the off season magazines, follow the trades, the free agent signings, but the serious part is left for later. Others among us have those things that keep interfering with the fantasy world: kids, work, and stuff like that. So, in conclusion, let everyone go at their own pace in the off-season; it has worked for the league for 10 wonderful years. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.