Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Time to reconsider

I would like the league/commish to reconsider our value of strikeouts and saves. Starting with the issue of strikeouts:

As of today (9/17) with the season still having 2 weeks or so left, 10 pitchers are over 200 Ks and another 6 more likely to go over and another 10 or so will get over 190. Six player are likely to go over 240. Although most of these guys are quality SP that is too many points when compared to the 3 point win and 3 point QS in my opinion. How many Ks a guy is likely get should not be the most important driving force in a SP draft in my opinion assuming we want any relationship to "real" baseball value.

As to the closer issue: I think the 5 point save with and additional 1 point GF and up to 3 points for Ks in the normal save to too high when compared to the randomness of which RP is best. Diaz has 55 saves & 4 BS so Seattle has generated at least 59 save opportunities while winning as of today 82 games. He has 100 points more than the 2nd high scoring closer. To me that is a silly about of value to be given a player that was drafted in the mid rounds. On the hitting side Ramerez is first with Bregmen only 13 back and Lindor is 5th at only 21 back.

Anyway … just my 2 cents worth.

Re: Time to reconsider

I agree with you on the value of strike outs. With that number increasing every season the pitching totals are becoming inflated. Fantasy Baseball (point style) in general needs to look at how they reward strike outs.

Your other points are valid too, but with the OGBL now being closed down I guess the thoughts will have to remain just that.