Overcoming PND Forum

Please use this Discussion Forum to post questions, contact others and share information on Post Natal Depression.

Overcoming PND Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
i hate feeling like this

hi, i am always feeling ill and cant stand it! had my baby 13 weeks ago and when she was 12 days old out of the blue i had a massive panic attack and ended up going to hospital. since then i have had a couple more panic attacks and generally always feel anxious constantly fear that i have some terrible disease and im gonna die. my health visitor doesnt think i have pnd seen gp and he says he cant give me any medication while im breast feeding and dont want to give up feeding as carried on despite gertting a breast abscess 9 weeks ago which is still healing. just feel so helpless and dont know what to do. please help!

Re: i hate feeling like this

First of all hun if ure feeling like this then you need to seek help. Did the doctor not offer you any type of cognative behavioural therapy? There are some anti-d's that can be prescribed whilst breastfeeding so maybe go back and see a different doctor. Just remember your not alone and you will get through this hun, i kno it seems like there's no light at the end of the tunnel atm, but there is trust me. If you go to www.babycentre.co.uk create an account and there is plenty of advice and other mums going through the same thing as you on thre, take care hun xxx