Overcoming PND Forum

Please use this Discussion Forum to post questions, contact others and share information on Post Natal Depression.

Overcoming PND Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I hate myself...

I have an 18 month old daughter and a 5 week old son. I had severe PND after the birth of my daughter to the point i nearly gave her away. I now feel very low in confidence, i have no self esteem. I feel fat, ugly, useless, all i seem to do is be a mum and a house cleaner and i have stopped being a woman. I dont want to go out because i cant see the point. I have lost my appetite for food, I dont feel loved, even though i know i am. I have a husband who helps with the children but i cant help but feel like now i have had 2 children he is going to lose interest and seek someone else. Im scared that i am going down the depression road, that is if i am not already there. What should i do?

Re: I hate myself...

Please go for help, there really is light at the end of the tunnel - even though it's hard to see. You can get through this and just need help through counselling and or medication. The thing is, what will your children do without you? You are so important and have to look after yourself, so you can then look after your family. I had to learn this and it's really hard to do, but take some time (counselling was the thing that helped me most of all to accept what I could control and what I could not) time for yourself- recharge your batteries and you will give yourself the chance to be the best mum in the world xx

Re: I hate myself...

i totally know how you feel hun.
Can't promise you'll feel better soon - but you do need support

Who have you told - GP?