Overcoming PND Forum

Please use this Discussion Forum to post questions, contact others and share information on Post Natal Depression.

Overcoming PND Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PND again????

Hi,

my beautifull baby is 5 days old and is my 4th. I sufferd with pnd with my 3rd but was only diognosed at 3 months.....now ive got bad blues...spoke to midwife and the doctor saw me straight away....they said its not too earlly to be pnd and put me back on meds....i am sad because i cant breastfeed when im on them and my milk has come in......not sure if i should start meds now or wait to see if its just the blues....i love breastfeeding my baby and my moods are up and down.....feel ok one min and sad and abit paniky the next....any advice or anyone with similar experience?

Re: PND again????

I think you should feed your baby. Feeding is so special, especially if it works well for you and is so important in the bond and how you feel as a mother. General support and ongoing counselling may be more effective anyway, especially at this early stage. Trust it's different this time, trust the challenges are there but you can manage them, trust and rely and demand help from those around you. and if it is back and you do need more help, then that's ok at least you have tried. very best of luck xx

Re: PND again????

Hi there,

thankyou for reply. I have unfortunatly had to stop breastfeeding and start the medication. I do feel sad and I even felt devastated to begin with ....however I know that I need to recover from this ilness and I do suffer with very severe symptoms...if it were milder I would try talk therapy alone.
I sufferd before and I am praying for a quick recovery, last time I was diognosed at 4 months....do you think I may have a faster recovery seen as I have been diognosed earlier?

xxxxxxxx