Overcoming PND Forum

Please use this Discussion Forum to post questions, contact others and share information on Post Natal Depression.

Overcoming PND Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help!

Hi,

I am new to this forum. Just needed to talk to someone as I feel so alone! My new baby is 5 weeks old and also have a girl of 3! I have all the symptomps of PND and also get severe panic attacks! Feels like I am losing my mind. Actually gathered the courage to go and see the Dr about it two days ago and she said, its to early to tell if its PND!!!!! I need to get better! Any advice?

Delia

Re: Help!

Hi there,

I would get a second opinion if I were you hun....its actually not too earlly to be diognosed with pnd, baby blues usually last no more than a few days to a week and normally pass by the first or at latest second week. I Have 4 children, had baby blues with all of them....my baby is 5 weeks old today and I was diognosed with pnd before she was a week old. The reason why is because I had severe pnd with my 3rd child (diognosed at 4 months) but had it from the beginning. I know the diffrence between baby blues, general anxiety and pnd and thats how I knew I had it as soon as my 4th bubba was born
5 weeks ago. Go back, see a diffrent doctor, go see your health visitor, she will refer you to the doctors. Don't leave yourself untreated it will only get worse. And please do not feel ashamed or weak...this is an illness, you will get better but you must get help.

If you need advice, or are worried about any of your symptoms just ask .....takecare x