Overcoming PND Forum

Please use this Discussion Forum to post questions, contact others and share information on Post Natal Depression.

Overcoming PND Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
could it be pnd

hi, my son is now 4 months old i also have a 15 month old and a 5 year old. I have been pretty much ok up to now considering i have only 11 months between my youngest two. however the last week or so i cant be bothered to do anything. i feel like my mind wont work. i know this sounds silly but the only way to describe it is that it feels like my brain is made of scrambled egg. i wnt to cry all the time and i havenever been sotired inmy life. everyone keeps telling me what a fantastic mum i am but i dont feel like it right now i just want to scream.....then sleep!
very frustrated mummy

Re: could it be pnd

hi... no wonder u r wrecked tired.... iv got 3 girls myself n the youngest 2 were 17 months apart. after i had my youngest girl i suffered pnd... for a long time i couldn't pin it down, just felt as if i was wrecked and not like me,,,, went through the motions every day. the bare essentials. i found that i was putting dirty washing into the tumble dryer and that my head wasnt working either... found myself putting shampoo in my hair without turning on the h=shower or wetting my hair. mad old stuff! i found myself avoiding going out as i just couldnt get myself organised to get out.. simple things like organising a baby changing bag took me ages. perhaps you are just tired and you need a little help. is there anyone that can give you a hand? anyone could take the kids for an hour to have a little time to yourself? i know i couldnt relax even if some one took the kids. i ended up just taking a little time to go on the net and search random stuff.... i spent a lot of time reading up pnd... somehow when i read about how others felt i somehow felt less alone... have you spoken to your health visitor? perhaps she may offer some advice? i hope you are just have a bad week and that next week all will be ok!