Overcoming PND Forum

Please use this Discussion Forum to post questions, contact others and share information on Post Natal Depression.

Overcoming PND Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help

I have a daughter who is 4 mths old and a son of 3 and a half yrs. Since the birth of my daughter I have really struggled. I thought having a second baby would be easy as I would know what I was doing - how wrong I was. She is very different to my first born and is very attached to me. She cries whenever I hand her to anyone else which increases the burden as it pulls on my heart strings and I end up taking her back as no-one wants to hold a screaming baby. She refuses to take a bottle and I have tried about 10 different techniques and teats with no success. She also wont take a dummy. I had the worst night of my life this week when she screamed the entire night and would not let me put her down for a second. I ended up sitting in the middle of my bed sobbing and feeling like I didn't want her. I had no sleep all night and now feel exhausted and unable to make things better as I am so tired. My head is always in a muddle and I cant think straight about anything. I am always shouting at my little boy and feel I am being a really bad mum. I get really angry at the slightest thing, and end up in tears everyday. I know though once I have had some sleep and time to myself I will feel better and things will be clearer, its just I feel like my daughter is against me as she is refusing to give me a break. I don't know what's happening to me and I am scared as I don't recognize myself anymore. xx

Re: help

hi kelly how are things now? i had exactly the same feelings when my daughter was born and its only recently i can say im confident things have eased. i can go into detail if you are still having problems? problems shared n all....
regards
Nicola