Miracle Dinghy Association Members Forum.

Please feel free to join in the Miracle  owners community.

Miracle Dinghy Members Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
recently acquires Miracle

Hi everyone,

Firstly, does anyone know when my new/old boat was new? Sail number is 31.......that's thirty one!

Second, does a rigging plan exist? Basically, I'm wanting to sort out which halyard does what around the mast area, and where they get tied off. There's a lot more string than I'm used to!!

Third, where does the tack of the main attach? I don't seem to have a suitably robust point on the top of the boom.

Thanks in advance.....first sail this week hopefully!

George from Pembs....

Re: recently acquires Miracle

If your Miracle number is really No 31 (check no stamped on the transom) then it a really early one, the first production or home build Miracle were produced in 1975 and the sail numbers reached 776 in that first year
Re your question about the tack downhaul for your Mainsail ,the Measurement Rules say you can have an" Adjustable Tack Downhaul for Mainsail : control lines may be led to any points on the hull, mast or boom"
The original Holt mast was a round section and the simplest arrangement was a with an eye at the inward end with a single block with becket fixed to it, rope goes from becket through the tack back through block and along the boom to a clamceat. Later booms have an oval section often with aa clevis pin at the inward end which Makes attachment of the block simpler
Hope this helps
John