World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fizzgig and Goblin Plushes, Trixie Pixies, and Autographs!

Hi! New Froudian here...

I'm a sucker for cute plushes, ESEPECIALLY Froud ones. I almost died when I heard about the goblin plushes, and I didn't realize there was a Fizzgig one until a few days ago. I have a few questions which are similar to the ones someone else posted in the goblin plush thread, but as no one answered them I thought I'd make a new post!

1) Does anyone here have the fizzgig plush? I was wondering if it was actually cute or poorly made.
2) Do you think the goblin plushes will sell out right away? Is there a real need to preorder them?

I also have a question about the trixie pixie figurines. I was only able to get my hands on one, as all the others were sold out. Has anyone around here ever seen the trixie pixies floating around for sale on the internet, like on eBay, maybe? I'm DYING to get my hands on the other ones. ;_;

Okay, last question, I swear: what's a decent price for a Froud autograph, and how do I know if they're real or not? I've seen plenty on eBay, but sometimes they're overpriced, and sometimes I worry they're fake. I want one so badly. Can you tell I love to shop?

Thanks so much. Hope everyone had a magical Halloween.

Re: Fizzgig and Goblin Plushes, Trixie Pixies, and Autographs!

Hi
ok where to start...
1.I don't own a fizgig, but i trust the frouds, and i know they are very particular of the quality of their products. so i would completely trust it to be cute and well made.
2.you kinda just answered your own question, when you go on to say you can't find the trixie pixie anywhere. if you pre-order it, you know you'll get it, and you'll be one of the first to get it. it doesn't cost any more does it?
3.the pixies occasionally come up on ebay. often as the full set. just keep a look out. i'd also like one or 2 of them, but dont want the whole set, which is usually my problem.(plus i can't afford to shop!)
4.Froud autographs. i dont know. but my advice would be to buy something signed, like a signed copy of a book. then your getting more for your money, and will enevitably be worth more one day than just a signature on a piece of paper.
i can tell you (from having brian sign most of my books) that he always does a little drawing to accompany his signature,(a goblin face) and each book has a certain character he likes to put with it. (if i am not mistaken). as for frauds.....i just don't think its likely.I've never seen a fake signature of his, and i'm a big fan.I've seen copied artwork of his, but not signatures. and i'm pretty sure you'd be able to tell if you did.
anything else i can help you with today? :)
good luck with ebay and the plushies. i really want one of those goblins!
xx

I was lucky enough to get hold of two complete sets off ebay. This was ages ago but they do come up now and again. Put the search in your favourites and you'll get an email when some are posted.
Good luck!
Folkofthefae

Wow! Two whole sets! ;_; So lucky...

I forgot to ask - how much did the set cost? I've seen individual guys going for $40...

Hi, sorry for the late reply!
I got the last set for $41
Folkofthefae xxx

Oh my God! You're so lucky. I'm on the verge of selling my soul for these guys. XD

Lol! Don't sell your soul, go to ebay! there's a full set from the same seller on just now. Let me know if you get them :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/World-of-Froud-Gull-Tricksy-Pixies-Kobold_W0QQitemZ130147138198QQihZ003QQcategoryZ39233QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/World-of-Froud-Grig-Tricksy-Pixies-Kobold_W0QQitemZ130147138430QQihZ003QQcategoryZ39233QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/World-of-Froud-Pinkett-Tricksy-Pixies-Kobold_W0QQitemZ130147138801QQihZ003QQcategoryZ39233QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/World-of-Froud-Mawmet-Tricksy-Pixies-Kobold_W0QQitemZ130172956851QQihZ003QQcategoryZ39233QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Folkofthefae xxx

But I'm from America...and I don't speak German. I can't buy from him.

Don't give up at the first hurdle. most germans speak fluent english. so send the seller an email, asking if he can ship to america, how much it would be, and if he could explain what you'd be getting in english.
all he can say is nein, right?! :D
i have bought items from US ebay, from people that weren't listed on the UK site (which means they haventstated they'd ship to the UK) more often than not, if you ask them, they will ship it anywhere you want. :)
good luck. don't give up

Hi,I just went to the goblin plushies link because hubby agreed to buy me one for christmas,went through the whole process,card payment etc, Then it said they dont ship internationally so I cant have one! I have to have bimble.I live in Devon near Brian froud yet the plushies are only available to the usa! How rude! Can someone out there please help me and make my christmas wishes come true?

Favorite Froud Book? lady cottingtons

Hi fairybry,

I'm sorry to see that FAO Schwarz doesn't offer international orders. But you may be able to work around this by calling one of the physical stores and asking for a personal shopper? Maybe then they will be able to ship it internationally? I hope that works and I'm sorry about their lack of shipping options. I understand your frustration!

Store locations:
http://fao.com/custsvc/custsvc.jsp?sectionId=117

Fiona
webmaster of WorldofFroud.com

I contacted him and he is willing to ship to the US, but for a HUGE shipping charge ($30 for just two of them). I've shipped items to countries like China before, and I know it isn't that expensive. I hate being ripped off! I just don't know if I should hold out or buy only one...?

RAWR! I just want some darn pixies! Why does this have to be so hard!?

Not the uk then? at all? BUMMER. Its really makin me mad!

Favorite Froud Book? lady cottingtons

Gilly, bear in mind that it may be $30 to you, but thats £15 here, and the postage over here have gone up a lot recently.especially with our postal service being unreliable due to strikes etc. so that's probably with the best postage so it arrives fast, and safely to you. i have paid $50 for a tunic to be shipped from OZ to me before. now THAT was a rip off! these lil guys are fragile, and need insured recorded mail. sounds like you want these guys, but only under your conditions? I'm the same. i REALLY wan to go to New York for New years, but i'm really adament on paying less than £300, and flying out before new years eve. its the same thing. we have to ask ourselves, how much do we want this? is it worth it? will the opportunity arrise again, and if so, how soon?

Hi all!

Just a note for those of you who might be looking for goblin plushies since FAO is sold out (and I hope this is okay to post here? If not, please feel free to delete!)

I have some extras that I posted in my store if anyone is looking--I have two Kitchen Cerenches, one Pickle and one Squeeb:

http://www.allandeverything.biz/brian-froud.html

It took me forever to find these so thought I would share the wealth for others who may be looking (and if anyone has or knows of a Blossom for sale, please contact me so I can completel my collection :)

Blessings,
Jennifer
FaerySpell Creations
http://www.faeryspellcreations.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/faeryspellcreations
http://www.allandeverything.biz

Favorite Froud Book? World of Faerie

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis