World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Struck by Her Art

I recently purchased the Art of Wendy Froud, and one of Brian's prints (the sphinx) for my sweetie. The book came with a print from Wendy, and a Music cd as a free gift. And all I can say is WWWOOOOWWWEEEE!!!! and even THAT is still not enough!
The art is SO heartbreakingly beautiful! I love it JUST as much as Brian's art, and there's just as much depth and feeling in it. The music was fantastic as well.
The book has such a wonderful explanation on her art and includes where she gets a lot of her inspiration. Now I want to try my hand at sculpting! She's such a wonderful inspiration! BOTH of them are, and they were certainly MADE for eachother! I sure wish I could get one of her dolls. Maybe someday I will, and I'll give it a wonderful, loving home to go to.
If you don't have this book, GET IT!
*SMOOCH!* It's WONDERFUL!

Re: Struck by Her Art

I agree that Wendy's art is beautiful. It was such a great compliment to me when, at an exhibition of my work, a visitor likened it to Wendy's (the customer had been on one of Wendy's workshops). She suggested mine was of a similar level, though I can't believe that, when Wendy has had a lifetime of experience, and me just a few years but it would be lovely to think so.

Wren
www.far-far-away.co.uk

I've been known to inspire people with MY art though I'd dare never compare it to the beauty of those who inspired ME. I'd like to see your art then. I think one of the biggest things about art is that there is feeling behind it. Even if it's nothing more than pipecleaners and glue, as long as the expression is there it can be appreciated.
Don't let your eyes guide you. Art is guarded by deeper things.

I don't know if that was an insult or not, but if so, it was undeserved. I did not compare my art to Wendy's, I simply passed on a comment that had kindly been offered to me, and expressed a wish that it were true.
Obviously the sentiment and love that goes into art is every bit as important as the skill, prbably more so. Why else would a child's painting be so precious? Because it was made with pure love and joy.
Please don't suggest that I am boasting, because that would be a wrong assumption. Any compliments that I may get, I take graciously, and am always grateful for people's honest thoughts. People are free to admire or dislike my work, I only ever take offence if they can't see the time and dedication that has gone into making it. Worst of all is if it doesn't provoke a reaction of any kind. And I'm sure, if I did compare my art to Wendy's - which I do not, as mine is unique to me - that she would only feel glad to have inspired someone. We are, after all, only sharing a love of the fae.

Wren
www.far-far-away.co.uk (if you DO want to have a look)

I have that book and I love it!The sphinx is gorgeous but my favourite doll is the unicorn virgin,she´s a beauty,like all of Wendy´s dolls.

Favorite Froud Book? World of Froud

Wendy's art work is staggeringly beautiful. I've been lucky enough to see both her sculptures and Brian's paintings up close and they just pull you in and before you realise you've spent hours sat in one place ... just ... staring ...

Wren, I think your work definately has the same magical quality as Wendy's - especially Hoggle and the Tricksy Pixies, they have very Froud-like faces - but I can see how its very much YOUR world, and all the love thats gone into them. They're adorable!
By the way, didn't you start an art course in Hereford? How's that going for you now? Hope you're enjoying your time there.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries/Bad Faeries

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis