World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
.-*°^-:+: => How do you get to see fairies ?

Hi everybody !

Here's my problem, i love fairies and i really do believe in them , even though every body in my familly thinks i'm a fool for believing in such " Childish stuff ". But i know that fairies are real and that it is not stupid to believe in them...

I like to draw, write poems and write/draw my own stories about them and that's also why i'd love to be able to see them. i've always wanted to be able to see and communicate with them , but i don't know how! Most people say that all you have to do is believe in them... and i believe in them, i trully do ! But i still can't see them...

I have a best friend who's 12 yrs old and both of us believe in fairies, my best friend has even been able to see them! but i still couldn't...and i don't know why...i'm living nearby a forest and i go there sometimes hoping i might see fairies since i'm 10 yrs already, but i've still never been able to seen any...

Btw , i've noticed most of you guys saw them for the first time at a very young age, so do you think it ain't possible for someone to see one when he/she's already a bit older ? I'm 13 yrs old - my birthday was on feruary 28th - , most kids are happy when they become 13, i was not , because i'm afraid that the older i get the less chances i have to get to see fairies and other creatures .

Do you think it’s still possible for me so get to see fairies and other creatures ?
Do any of you know why i can’t see them ? Could it be the fact that my familly doesn’t believe in them that’s actually unconsciently influencing my beliefs ?

Help me please...

Favorite Froud Book? Don't have one either

Re: .-*°^-:+: => How do you get to see fairies ?

Btw, some ppl say that only a few ppl have " The gift " to see them which i think is wrong...
cuz one thing is clear, normally , seeing " invisible " creatures should be something everybody should be able to do , only if you convince your mind and spirit that you can. I'm sure that more ppl in this world would see them if only they believed, the only difference is that , even though i believe in them, i still don't See...

Favorite Froud Book? Don\'t have one either

There are very much people able to see fairies in this forum, right ? Ain't it possible for some of you to help me please !

Favorite Froud Book? Don\\\\'t have one either

I didn't "see" them until I was older (older than you)
here are a few tips based on my personal experience
patience, an open heart, spend time in nature, just be open to wonder and beauty.
If they want to show themselves to you you'll be aware.

Like you, I have trouble seeing faeries when I want to even though I believe in them and know they're around. I'm 30 years old and it's even harder than when I was younger. BUT, if I have the time and inclination I've discovered some tricks. In addition to the advice above, try looking at a lot of faerie pictures, then stare at some clouds and "make" them into shapes--sometimes after doing this, I start seeing faces appear EVERYWHERE, not just clouds--in woodwork, ripples of water, bark on a tree, even dirt! Then close your eyes, you might even start seeing them with your eyes closed. It's best to do this when you're relaxed and feeling slightly silly or whimsical

Favorite Froud Book? good faeries/ bad faeries

For me, about? when I was 15? I'm 19 now.
I had one as I woke up.
I had gone to bed, just like anyone, then about an hour later, something woke me up. I don't know what, but I felt, and knew something/someone was there, I turned around slowly, and caught a glance of a tiny, elf like creature. It ran away. But I swear it was there!!!
It was as tall as? well, up to my knee. i'm 5'2". So not exactly big! lol

-xXXX@XXXx-
ps: but I had not made an spell or anything to ask for it to "check" me.
I guess it'll have to ake time, when you least expect it.

Favorite Froud Book? all of them...

Hmmm... I think some of it is what you are expecting to "see". If you're hoping to see tiny people with wings crawling and flying about.......you may not. I have found faerie in many different forms and energies, and have noticed their effects and presence more than actual visual sightings of a being. And to the contrary of those that have made you think that as you grow older you will lose sight, I think that age has only made me realize the presence of faery even more, and take notice of them around me- whereas when I was younger I almost took it for granted :( (sad to say) or didn't realize what it was.
Age, open minded-ness, a loving heart, and a respect for mother earth has opened my "faery eyes". So don't lose hope! :)

You are right that you are on the cusp between childhood and adult: between _anywhere_ is the best place to try! When I was twelve I was given the option to get out or keep going, like they were starting to back away and I gave chase.

I'm afraid you can't unless you want them too. Do you know about spirit guides, angels etc.? In my mind those beings are far more..uh...open to letting us see them. Meditation is a good way to speak with guides, angels, helpers etc.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Oops, correction You can't unless they want you to. Sorry!

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Uh...but why wouldn't we be able to see them unless they want us to ? they're living in another dimension, but ppl who's 3d eye is well devlopped can perfectly see them which means that WE have to go toward them and open OUR mind to be able to see 'em, right ? Normally we shouldn't need their " agreement" for being able to see them just like they don't need our agreement, they see us wether we want it or not! ...uhm...right ?

Favorite Froud Book? Don\\\\\\'t have one either

I am afraid that is not how they work. We don't know much about them, but I am sure most on this bored would agree that if they don't want us to see them, we don't. Yes they can see us, but they are different from us. There are many stories of those who have spied on the Fey and been punished for it. I would suggest you watch the documentary "The Fairy Faith". Good show and it explains a lot.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

I and my close friend Jordan had an experience just this Wendsday when we were at a young men's meeting. The meeting was nearly over and we had gone outside to enjoy the complementary chocolate doughnuts. When we came back in, we sat on the counters of the kitchen in the building, just talking to our selves about music, when all of the sudden he ceases talking and is staring at the translucent window on the door. We both hear a knocking, scrabbling sound, and see something. We do not know what it was, but he got up and chased after it, but by the time he reached the door, it was gone. He later joined my friend Landis to go to the upper floors for a game of hide and seek. After a few minutes, I wished to follow suit and stepped out from the kitchen into the foyer. The second I stepped into that foyer, a great wave of fear and ill boding swept over me. I knew I was in the presence of a malicious faerie on some sort of ill boding quest. I left for home after leaving the foyer and did not look back(as most of you might know, it invites an evil faerie to follow you to where you dwell if you look back at it). I and my friend Jordan share "the gift", but have slightly different wavelengths of sensetivity. He is quite sensetive to the presence of malicious fey, whereas I am quite sensetive to the presence of most others( particularly the ones that help things to grow and the faeries of the air).

Hello fantasia

My best advice is completely 'let go' and surrender any worries or concerns or anxietys about seeing them or even more importantly in your life.I find the more I relax and let go and TRUST the more I see......

faerie blessings
moonlight dancer
xo

I get to see them first by feeling their company which means they want to be with me knowing this
I am welcome to open my heart this opens my eyes
outside especially on full moon nights when they
dance is very beautiful to see/share love nature

Favorite Froud Book? 1979 go west young man

Hello Fantasia,

I think Maria has the right idea. You should be confident in the fact that all the elements already exist within yourself. Just have faith, relax and the rest will arrive in due course. Starting off by getting out of the hustle and bustle and getting out into nature (make sure you tell someone where you're going first) is a fantastic idea. This is some advice I think I should even take myself!

One specific way I've heard of attuning yourself is going out at dusk (make sure it's nowhere dangerous, and yet again..make sure you've told your parents) by yourself, somewhere nature ladened with a pencil and notepad. Clear your mind of all the days clutter and just touch leaves, trees, flowers. Take notice of the first thing that arrives in your mind. This may be words or an image or you might even hear something. Note down or sketch what you've experienced. Try this a few times and tell us all how you go

Favorite Froud Book? The World of the "Dark Crystal"

I agree with ~Arcane Corsair~ sitting in the woods and drawing what I saw really worked for me. Draw both what is in front of you and in your minds eye - faeries are attracted to creativity.

Don't worry about your age, I didn't start recognising faeries until I was around 18 years old. I say 'recoginse' because I had seen them before, just not realised what they were. A lot of them are shape changers and will try to trick you. And yes, they can turn invisable. Sometimes this trick will actually *confirm* something is a faerie when it is solidly in front of you one minute and seems to pop out of existance the next!

Be observant and look for things that don't make sense. Small objects mysteriously vanishing or being moved is a classic sign. You will probably see their effects more often than you see 'them.'

Someone mentioned Spirit Guides. Yes these are much easier to see and comunicate with. After all that is their 'role.' No, I don't know why.

Favorite Froud Book? good faeries/bad faeries

I myself have never seen a faery. I've seen a whole bunch of other stuff. I don't know, even if I don't see any of the faery folk I feel consoled in the fact that there's sylvan worlds beyond our own where carefree entities exist. I think I will take my own advice, be inspired by this thread and go out into nature and sketch things =)

Favorite Froud Book? The World of the \\"Dark Crystal\\"

Well, like I said on ´my reply to the "You´re not going to believe this" thread,I felt them.I was crying my heart out and couldn´t get my eyes open, so, I didn´t see them.I just felt them.They explained why they don´t show up that often:The world is not ready to see them.It´s really hard for them,because in a world of confusion we´re living in,people rarely believe in them and most of the time, they think believing in faeries is nonsense and when they say they believe in them, don´t really mean it.Though people like us, really mean it,they don´t show themselves physically, but they appear through descrete means like faery figurines....Am I making any sense?

Favorite Froud Book? The world of the dark crystal

Thank all of you for your replies !! really, i won't loose hope knowing age doesn't make any difference ^^.

In respond to the previous post:

Well, if they think we ain't ready to them, well when will we be ? I mean , the smartest thing they could do is showing themeselves to ppl who believe in them so dat ppl who see them have more proofs against ppl who don't , and ppl who don't will end up believing and see too!

...i guess they have their reasons for doing that...

Favorite Froud Book? Don\\\\\\'t have one either

Hello Fantasia!

I said the world isn´t ready to see them physically, but there are exceptions.So don´t worry if you don´t see one just yet.They may surprise you and when you least expect it,one of them will show up.I guess it´s up to them...
Anyway, never lose hope.About the age: It doesn´t matter how old you are.

Favorite Froud Book? The world of the dark crystal

Re: .-*°^-: : => How do you get to see fairies ?

Hi... don't be discouraged if you dont see one as clear as night and day. They do show themselves in discreet ways. You may see them in your mind's eye first.

A clairivoyant accquaintance of mine on the MSN forum, "Fairytalker" sees them alot and she is in her 20's. She said that the often communicate to humans using pictures and visuals . If you start seeing pictures in your mind's eyes, you are not going crazy, she says.

I'm 45 and it was only this past May 31 when a fairie (or pixie) actually revealed herself to me during a time I was really depressed. She was trying to show me compassion,and her little light brown face appeared right in my hair. I mean, she CLEARLY revealed herself for a few seconds in a section of my hair..then disappeared-- just long enough for me to see her features.

I had not seen any of Brian Froud's paintings prior to this, and was amazed at the similarity of his pixie paintings to the Being I had seen.

After that, I saw a flash of light fly over the tree near a fairy garden I put in the yard.. and this was a day or two after I placed a quartz crystal in the garden for the fairies.

The other day I placed a rose quartz stone in the garden dish and mentally told the fae that it was for them to keep for helping me find my keys. The next morning the rose quartz stone was gone, and I am so happy the Fae are using it now. Rose Quartz is said to be a stone the Fairies love, but they love all crystals.

I think the reason I was able to see that beautiful pixie also, was that I prayed for a few months that God would let me see one. I added in the prayer, "On Your timing, God-- not mine." And this left it in God's hands and on the fairies terms and not my terms.

I would love to see more, but I don't want to get greedy over it now. I want to connect with them and feel I found new friends outside in Nature that I had never imagined existed before.

Hugs
Boldy

Favorite Froud Book? Fairy Oracle Cards

Hello Fantasia!

I'm afraid you won't see faeries unless they want you to see them. They have free will just the same as we do and in just the same way as you can avoid people, so can they. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they dislike you. The saddest thing is the faeries are quite curious of humans and are quite interested in interacting with us, but for the most part, they are very shy and distrustful of us because of the way we treat each other and the way we treat their home - nature. My advice to you would be to have patience and do everything you can to show the faeries that you are different and that they can trust you. Most faeries are very peaceful and gentle and don't like to be involved with anything different. It would be the same as a human living in a quiet, peaceful part of the country and then moving into the centre of the countries biggest city. It's too much for them. Leave them offerings to show you love them and are interested in them, talk out aloud to them if you can - they'll hear you, and most importantly be genuine and gentle and in time, they will become so comfortable being around you that they will make themselves known to you. You will see specks of light shoot by first, then these specks will become bigger and brighter and when you are ready, they will take shape. If they see you are not frightened, they may even talk to you. First in grunts or random sounds, then perhaps in voices that you ever hear through your ears or in your mind.

Good luck and enjoy the company of the beautiful faeries.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries / Bad Faeries

I haven't truly seen a fairy [except a gnome last summer] But i have been able to feel them. Plus hear them. When I am out in teh woods i can feel them watching and hear whispers sometimes. I msut confess its creeps me out abit but I am grateful that they are atleats there. And whatever you do...that whole Spiderwick thing about looking threw the stone...Its a load of crap.

Favorite Froud Book? Don\'t make me choose a fav. Luv em all!

Boldy, do you have Fairytalker's email?

Hmmm...not so sure I agree with the statement that you will only see faeries if they want you to see them. How about, you will only see faeries when you stop wanting to see faeries? They are there, in everything, ready to be seen, but we blind ourselves with the desire to see them. Desperately WANT a boyfriend or a girlfriend? Ain't gonna happen. Stop wanting it, and just be happy with who you are? Bingo, in walks the perfect person. Same with faeries. They aren't there to fill a void in your life. They are there to enhance an already content and satisfying life. Once you simply go about your business, living a full spiritual life, there they are, because you have taken off your blinders.

At the age of 13? Hmmm....I don't think you have enough life experiences, and personal growth, to recognize a faerie when you see it. In clouds, in trees, in rocks. Everywhere. They sure don't look like Tinkerbell!

eh? Judge not by age, that's all I'm going to say *stepping back*

how to see faeries

Refine yourself. Enjoy nature. Soften your vision. Start raising enegy in your home. You don't want to step into the otherworld if your interdimention space is full of ghosts and monsters. Then prepare youself. The first time I took my mind completely into there rhelm I was shocked. The brown faces I saw were so unlike humans or animals that I mind had trouble registering them and they were tricky to remember.

Some of the Fae do look sort of like tinkerbell.. only not the cartoon one.. There are so many different castes of these beings. You can read some encounters of many of the types over at www.fairygardens.com

The Fairy I saw was looking up at me through an open section of my hair in the bathroom. I only saw her face as my hair blocked the rest of her.

She had soft light brown skin , very delicate looking too. Her eyes didnt have irises like human eyes, nor did she at all look like those Grey alien pictures. She had high cheekbones and a delicately featured heart shaped face.

Her face looked very much like Brian Frouds' version of the pixies... only she was more softer looking and her eyes werent squinty-- but more long , oval and tilted upwards.

She was definitely a female fairy and she had a royalty about her. Also, when I stared at her, she had a look of discomfort and dissapeared right after that.. Her expression was like, "oh no, she's staring right at me, I better dissapear"

And when I encountered her, it was during a bad time in my life where I was depressed, and she actually had a look of compassion in her eyes when I saw her looking at me!

I have to add that months before I saw her, I actually asked God to show me one of these Beings- IF they existed, because I alot of reliable people I know had had encounters, and I was brought up to believe fairies were pure fantasy. Not anymore do I think that!

Tink, I just saw your question .

Here's the original Fairy Talker forum.. (my clairivoyant friend's nickname over there is SuziBoo)

http://groups.msn.com/FaerieTalker/messageboard.msnw

Now after February 2009, MSN is closing down all of thier forums, so we recreated the same forum over at this new address also (and my friend is a member there as well) faerietalker.freeforums.org

Hi im 17 and i havnt physically seen a faery yet i still no they exist they dont exactly want to be seen as human and faery kind arnt meant to be together however they are shown in the most unlikely ways more often than not a leaf could be a faery or a tree it is just the energy than changes are perception mostly faeries look exactly how each individual imagines them because there is no true form so when a little child draws a stick person with wigs this is often how a real faery looks to them

Hello Fantasia!
Don't worry about being too old. Im 18 and still see them. I recall first seeing them around kindergarden age too though, which means you cant be too young!

I had more physical encounters when I was little... nowdays its more that I feel them or see them out of the corner of my eye. More often then not, I can see them in my minds eye, and have many experiances in dreams (which is an "in between")But that doesnt stop me from trying to draw them! lol

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries/Bad faeries

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis