World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spiderwick Fraud?

I just watched spiderwick, very good movie. But right away I noticed that Brownie was stollen from Faeries published in 1978. There are also many other parts of the movie that are copies of the book. Any help???

Favorite Froud Book? faeries 1978

Re: Spiderwick Fraud?

No but when I was in The South of France the other week there was a market stall with a guy selling t-shirts which had replica copies of some of Froud's faeries/goblins! I wanted to frown at the man but I don't speak French!

Its sad but you will find many of that kind of stuff. people will do alot [even steal others ideas and work] to make a buck or two.

Favorite Froud Book? Don\\\'t make me choose a fav. Luv em all!

Yeah, some of my friends wanted to create a fan club for Star Wars and even made a logo. Unfortunely, a "supposed to be" friend of theirs,stole the name and logo. Now, he plays peacock for everyone to see, acting as the club is rightful his and he even charges for every menbership, when it´s supposed to be free and Star Wars is owned by Ceorge Lucas and what he´s doing is ilegal,but he doesn´t care....Well, I never read the books, so, I always thought the brownie was part of the theme....But yeah, unfortunely, this is the world we´re living in.

Favorite Froud Book? World of the dark crystal

Tony DiTerlizzi is/was obviously heavily inspired by Brian Froud. YEARS AND YEARS AGO we were on a Star Wars mailing list together (mailing lists are what people used on the net BEFORE forums were popular). He said at the time that he was quiting the Star Wars community because he was too busy working and he had been hired to illustrate a series of fairy fiction books with a "rather unique" marketing strategy. That strategy was to lie and say that it was a true story that had been recorded in a journal and happened upon by relatives of the journal's author.

I hate lying, even when the lies are interesting. It just blows the cover off of your credibility.

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries and Good/Bad :)

If you do find fakes of the Frouds work anywhere - merchanding ones then there is a place somewhere on this website to contact the Froud's agent.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis