World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I was wondering

I was wondering has anyone ever had an expereince with the Norse God Loki?

Re: I was wondering

I once met a kitty cat called Loki, lol.

Not directly no...
isn't he the trickster shapeshifter of that pantheon?
May I ask why?

Well by way of accident I kinda invoked Loki when I was doing something for another person and well ,now his presence has now been a constant part of by life for months. It's not that bad but I wondering if anyone else has had to deal with him is all.

Favorite Froud Book? deleted

Are things running smoothe for you, K? Or have you noticed more chaos and trouble than usual since you invoked Loki?

-Good Thoughts, Alex

How did you accidently invoke Loki? Not having a go,just curious.He isn't known as the trickster for no reason. He was one of the most feared Norse gods which I'm sure you already know. Just please be careful!

O yes,
there's been a lot more crazy things happening in my life now.Which is not very helpful because I work in fast food so where I work is already a chaos ridden place so when I come home I have some extra chaos waiting. But its not to bad even thou sometimes I feel like I could pull my hair out. I just try not to make him mad.

Alright, I would suggest you invoke Odin. Odin was always cleaning up after Loki's tricks and keeping him in line. He'll do the same here.

Seriously, keep me updated.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

I know *of* Loki. Needless to say you are playing with fire. I agree with Alexandra, Odin would probably see him off, as, I expect, would Thor or Tyr.

I'm quite fond of him as a character. Not sure I'd want him around in spirit though. Sure he's beautiful, exciting and charming, however he's also a dangerous troublemaker with a malicious streak (poor Baldur).

Favorite Froud Book? good faeries/bad faeries

Hey everyone sorry bout not replying for so long,my bother just got married on Saturday,so I was busy helping him and my new sister-inlaw. I tryed Odin but it didnt work to well,Loki came back. Im just thankful he didnt do anything to mess up the wedding I was in. The only things that went wrong were minor ,like the maid of honor(who I dont care for anyway ) couldnt hardly get her hair to stay put that hairdresser tryed everything and ended up burning herself on the curling iron and other thing was at the after party I had this guy (who I didnt know at all)hitting on me and wouldnt leave me alone.

Other than those things it could have went really bad with Loke hanging around. I was just waiting for some crazy to happen to like my dress or my hair or something I was lucky this time.

Hi this my first time posting here!

K
You shoulkd really use extrem caution when dealing with loki.Loki is a very strong force of nature type god and just a word of addivce he is also kind of perverted. SO please be very very careful

Don't even get me started on this guy, lol! I had a whole series of dreams and experiences with him in early 2000. I don't have to invoke him, he comes around whether I want him to or not. The latest dream I had about him was seeing him as a little orange fox that I thought was cute so I had to pet it. He let me, but then as soon as I walked away, he turned around, charged, and bit me in the butt!!! I think the character in the movie Drop Dead Fred was based on him. Fits him to a T. Maybe it's my Norse heritage in addition to my Celtic that draws him. Maybe he's one of those beings who follows certain families for generations. Lucky me

Here's a song by Manowar just for him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSl7E7vwokI

Hey K,

Try Thor this time them. Explain your situation and ask for his help.

-Good thoughts, alex

Good thinking Alex,Im going to try Thor this time but I will admit in some ways I almost dont want to see Loki go,he is very charming after all,even if he is more trouble than he's worth and a little devil when angry. I know Im stupid

Wait what Im new. how do you envoke the Norse gods! This is soo cool!

~please excuse my spelling I type fast and too lazy [only when im blogging] to correct mistakes. [ and I call myself a writer. Im pathetic.]

Favorite Froud Book? Don't make me choose a fav. Luv em all!

Hey K

How are you doing? Did you get rid of Loki?
I would really like an update.

I kinda wish I could talk to Loki, but from what I heard about him he's like a hot two faced trickster.
I'll settle with Bast. Good luck with Loki K!

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

No sadly, Loke is still hanging around ,ive tryed everything but it looks like Im stuck with him.I must have done something really wrong in a past life and the Gods have just now got around to the punishment.But ill not complain it could be worse.HaHa

I'd hate to be you. Loki can teach you alot of wonderful(sometime's dark) things but he can be a pain to have around.

It may be the law of attraction also. I.E. That which we focus on (whether saying we want it or don't want it) will be attracted to us. Also, I remember you saying that you don't quite want him to go away. That would keep him there also. So if chaos and mischief is what you DO NOT want, then focus on what life without him would be like, peace and calm. Make peace with where you are to make way for a good feeling and then start focusing on what you want.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Had a friend who delt with him once. He worships him a bit. Can't remember the whole story, but some love troubles were nagging him a bit, so he called out "Loki, stop f-ing with Venus...just make it stop!" Suddenly he couldn't hear at all and it seemed like time stopped, and he heard a laugh. He rolled his eyes, smiled, and said, "I didn't mean like that!" and everything went back to normal.
It was strange, but it helped him see things from a different perspective...

Kuja,

I love stories like that. You know, direct contact with the gods. lol

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Yeah Kuja i know what ya mean,Loki has an odd sense of humor, he seems to think its really funny on laundry day when one or two pairs of my underwear go missing and then days later I or someoneelse finds them in weird places,I once found a pair in the feed locker in the barn,another time i found a pair in the glove box of my truck, true story I swear.

Haha thats funny little mean but funny.You said you had a barn what animals do you own?

I have 3 big dogs,1 small horse, 1 longhorn bull,and 3 Beefalo( a beefalo is cross between a buffalo and regular cattle, mine are a buffalo and longhorn cross).

Thats so cool

My friend sent me this form as she knows I have a love for Loki. =)

Loki's been known to stalk me, you really don't seem to have to invoke his presence. He just likes to screw around- and he always knows when it's that time of the month... T_T

Last year I think was when he really started to show up. I had drawn a picture of him before and all of a sudden, I started to get comments on it- and from a 'Loki fanclub' on deviantART. Next thing I knew, my Pagan Podcasts started to show up with episodes of Loki. And at the time I had been watching an anime over netflix, guess what it was? Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok (And not just the name, but it's the Norse Gods and Loki's been sent to earth as a human and has to gain his powers back...not just some guy named Loki).

And so I looked into him a lot more and I've basically come to understand that he shows up, at least for me, when I take things WAY too seriously. He's there to grab hold of me, make things impossible, and get me to stop, take a step back and look- then laugh!

A lot of people say he's really dangerous and you should avoid him at all costs- I don't think so. Yes, he's bad, he killed Baldur and he's done a lot of bad things but it's not like he's without good points as well. He's fire related, so yes, you should be careful, but don't FEAR him- he's not the Christian God. =P Teehee.

*Sorry for the God ref, if I offend some people. =P But hey, it's true...

Heh, those are funny seeming coincidences! I've found the same thing, kinda like with the Joker in Batman..."why so serious?" I co-wrote an unfinished story about him with that same theme of him coming to Earth to get his powers back, post Ragnarok. It's called "Loki, Apocolypse Junkie". I'll have to redo it and pair up with another good writer someday so we can finish it. The girl who started it with me has had too many changes in her life and has lost interest.

I hate that when you co-write and the other person loses interest. =/ I'd be more than happy to help you if you want to email me =3

Oh, yes. Glad that I told you about this thread, Cara? Fellow Loki fans!

Favorite Froud Book? All of them. Duh.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis