World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Not to be a downer....

I know i already posted a rather "sad" post.
But I must ask...I am depressed. as in as depressed as I can get. I mean that. So I have no insurance and no means to pay for a therapist. I am taking an herbal tincture and trying to get out mor...it's not helping. Does anyone have any ideas?

-Good thoughts, Alex

Re: Not to be a downer....

My dear friend

I truly know how you feel...honestly, I do not have an answer for you but wonted you to know that I am here if you need me and my shoulder is strong enough for a few tears if they do need to fall.

Surrounding you with lots of love and light and faerie blessings and praying that you will find what you need to heal yourself completely.

Maria
xo

I recommend a steady diet of hugs.

Hey Alex...As you know I work in a bookstore so my suggestions are..you guessed it books!
Cheri Huber has a great one on depression...here's the link to it on Amazon...just read the reviews...
http://www.amazon.com/Depression-Book-Opportunity-Spiritual-Growth/dp/096362556X

and Pema Chodron's" when things fall apart" is good too...I don't know why but the Buddhists seem to have great ways of approaching stuff like this. I think it's because they tend to urge you to embrace it and learn from it rather than hide or drug it out of your system.
I agree with Pyrian too...hugs are always good (as long as the person you get them from isn't smelly!)
Chocolate is always a good thing too IMO.

Take care of yourself and don't worry about being a downer
Feel free to email me if you want to talk.

Remember you are special, you are loved!
Faerie blessings and hugs!

The Official Crying Shoulder - perfect strangers spill their guts to me, it's okay

yeah, never be afraid of saying you're upset by something. I'm always whining on this forum (I'm definitly not saying that your whining, I'm just citing an example).
Well, Alex, you're asking an age old question. I've known a lot of people who were very depressed, and went to see a therapist, and the drugs they were given made it all worse. I guess it depends on your own diagnosis, really. Do you think what's going on is emotional, or chemical? Most people answer both, which makes curing depression a lot more tricky.
Try to give yourself a sort of mental vacation. No thinking about anything too serious, unless you absolutely have to. Make yourself cupcakes, watch your favorite movies. Life can get pretty overwhelming. Try enjoying the really small things, rather than looking at the big picture. Hope that helped just a little. Feel better!

hey get yourself a good book and sit outside. nature is always a good way to clear the mind and help you relax. Readin soemthing your into can help keep your mind off depressing things.

Favorite Froud Book? Don't make me choose a fav. Luv em all!

Thank you all for your help. I really need to, especially now that Autumn is upon us and the rain is coming. Sitting outside with a good book may be just lovely.

I am pursuing my dreams and a natural part of that is doubt and fear. Depression has (partially) been born from that. When you have big dreams, there is an awful lot to be let down by. I swing from hope and excitement to fear and doubt. You'd think I was bi-polar.

But the depressed is not just that. But I will try your suggestions and I will be back on here the next time it gets BAD. You feel free to do the same.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

I went through depression and councilling was kinda helpful, the drugs kinda terrible, but the thing that helped me most was getting a pet. I'm not saying it would be a good idea for everyone but it worked for me. Just a little someone who is there all the time to get cuddled and cared for.

Favorite Froud Book? good faeries/bad faeries

Make sure you don't have limbic ADD. It imitates the symptoms of depression and certain things work with it and treatments for "traditional" depression make it worse. Also monitor your PMS. It may go up and down and some days when you feel the worst see if your period doesn't start a day or two later. Stay away from refined sugar and Exedrine (use Tylenol) I KNOW these sound weird and random, but I felt as awful too and found it was Limbic ADD and symptoms of PMS. It doesn't make stuff go away but knowing what it is and knowing to brace myself and do the right nutritional things helps a lot. Those were just small things for me that helped. I also stay away from Apple Juice and Onions and tomatoes. Not saying these will help you but you may gradually figure out little things to get rid of that will just generally help deal with stuff.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis