World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Book!

I just read about a new book that is coming out..I am so excited! Excuse spelling errors, I'm copying out of a magazine.

Book Summary: Lorne is an average man, the kind that these unaverage things happen to. He works in an office building, lives in an apartmant with his over-weight cat named Canine and occasionaly paints.

But lately, something beyond the usual paranoia he gets walking through central Portland, he's felt followed, stalked. Not just in the city, it has gotten worse. Now he feels watched through the window of his fire escape and in the grocery store.

Now a very normal man is going to be dragged into a very extraordinary situation. One of this world and the next.

Exerpt from the book:

She stared at him like something she could squash with not so much as half an intention to. When humans challenge one another there is resistence, a returned challenge. Not here, not with her. She was nothing to him, neither were his opinions or discomforts.

"You're not understanding me," she said "you have to find a way to make the mortals believe. My Queen wants you as her champion, she wants you to help her warn the mortals. I'm with the others in this matter, you're worth nothing-you humans. You deserve to perish. But I serve my mistress first and she wants this of you."

His irises shrunk and his eyelids stretched open as his self-consciousness transitioned to horror. He had to warn the human race? It was an insurmountable task on its own. But him, he was meant to do this?

"I can't, I don't even believe in you. I most certainly don't believe the human race is loathed by etheric beings who are planning our demise, okay? It just wont happen." He said, heading for the door.

He didn't make it ten feet, she grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and slammed him against the pale marble wall. The green of her eyes turned to an amber color.

"Listen here you rotting little piece of meat. I can just barely stomach the stench of human arrogance. Too long has your race been accustomed to the luxury of abundant choice. You think you choose? You are an ant that thinks itself a lion. As something that you were certain did not exist, something you would not let the idea of enter into your mind, let me tell you something. I have spoken with those like me, Gods, Goddesses, spirits of the earth. They are not pleased with how your race has been running things and, when they are not pleased, races die."

I think it continues on the next page, but I gotta go. I'll check later.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Re: New Book!

Who is the author, and what is the name of the book - can't seem to see it in the excerpt, as would like to check out details/reviews etc.

Re: New Book!

Aye whos the auther Alex.

Favorite Froud Book? Don\\'t make me choose a fav. Luv em all!

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis