World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BookSignings

Will the Frouds be book signing both days of Faeriecon?

Re: BookSignings

A signing schedule has been e-mailed out. It looks like Brian is signing Friday 4:30-6:00 and Brian&Wendy are signing Sunday 3:30-4:30.

Please do not inform me now that Brian will not be signing on Sat.
I have all my books for him to sign including (A FIRST PRINT) of The Dark Crystal.
I purchased Tickets to the Faericon for a friend and myself for Sat. and another Friend and myself for Sunday and I did not recieve any e-mail about book signing. I am going to the Faericaon speccifacally to get as many of my books signed as possible. That's why a diabled person on a fixed income such as myself spent so much money on these tickets.
Are you telling me there willl be no book signing on Saturday al all.

YOu have put me in a panic as you can see. I bought my tickets with thw hwlp of Roberet from Imaginosis and he didn;t thinkk it was a problem to get my books signed and he knew I had a copy of ALL of them.
Please set my mind at ease as I am intears now.
Lainie blum

Favorite Froud Book? all

I've forwarded the e-mail to your listed AOL account. Try asking at the Froud's booth, they're nice people.

Went to the convention today and it appeared that Brian and Alan Lee were not there at all. Anyone know what happened? From what I gather someone close to them might have passed away, anyone know more?

are you serious? Were they at the Balls at the Troc?
I am glad now that Am. Exp returned my money to me. As far as picking up the tickets someone should have informed me of that at Imaginosis where I purchased them

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

It's true that Brian Froud and Alan Lee were not at Fariy Con this weekend. From what I heard on Saturday Alan Lee's mother died last week and so he was dealing with funeral arrangements.

Brian is suffering from a detatched retina. If Brian risked getting into an air plane the pressure changes could/would cause blindness.

They were missed, but I think that under the circumstances they were both where they needed to be.

In an interesting twist on getting their signatures, there was a book to sign for Brian at the Froud table. People were getting to write messages for him in a book. I for one felt honored to add my name to the other well wishers on Saturday.

Sarra

I agree that they were both were they needed to be, however it should have been made know to attendees prior to their attendence. They have these things called websites now, would have been a good place to send a message to all those interested.

oh dear "me"! please read my response to you in the other thread where you added your sadly misguided two cents.

my two cents aren't misguided
even if you didn't have time to update the site
someone somewhere did, it wasn't a 24 hour a day festival, so even if the update didn't happen friday it sure could have happened on saturday or sunday

i will now end my portion of this conversation because what originally began as a post about the faeriecon and it's line-up (very relavant to this forum) is starting to become a thread about your ability to do your job (not so relevant)

I have to agree with "me", somewhere someone should have posted that Brian and Alan BOTH would not be there. If they never got on the plane (as opposed to being called back) there should have been an update on the World of Froud website somewhere like in Wendys News or somewhere.
Some of heard of this Faericon ONLY on the website and may have traveled to Phila., both paying for addmission and hotel resevations which somehow could have saved people money.
I'm not trying to say the reasons for the "no show" were not unfortunate but I am also looking at it from a fans point of view on whether it should have been posted somewhere.
How unfortunate for Alan and Brian but also how unfortunate for fans from the East Coast how were so looking forward to either getting books signed or even if it was just to meet their artists of there favorite books in their collection.
Lainie

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

Yeah but in hindsight how many of you would of checked the website on the Thursday or the
Friday just to see whether Brian and Alan were gonna be there.....honestly... I bet none of you would...why...because these Cons and Festivals are run so well NO ONE would of EVER predicted that this would of happened. I am very sure that he organizers feel very bad for everyone and wish it could of been far different.

I not being a web designer have no knowledge of how long it takes to update a website and knowing that this is quite a small production company I should imagine everyone was there on the ground at the time of all this happening. I think maybes everyone should calm down slightly and see this from everyone's view.

I am wishing Brian all the love and wellness in the world for actually his health is really the most important thing on this forum! Not a few books that didn't get signed. Also my condolences to Alan and his family.

Much love and peace to all

Zoe xx

Is this still going on? I feel I have a penny to pitch into the pot and it's the last thing I will say about it. (Not that I've said that much.) My friend and I didn't find out about the cancellations until we were in line for Michael Hague's signing. We looked up at the signing schedule board for books of wonder and saw that Brian Froud's name was no longer up there. I can't remember if we found out at the same time about Alan Lee. (Spring might be able to refresh my memory.) To me, reading the forums, what people seem to be upset about is the lack of notice - had it been on the website or a sign by the main entrance, no matter as long as there was more of an alert. If we're to see things from everyone's view, remember that some attendees spent a lot of money to travel to this event, on lodging, food, local transportation, and possibly costumes. For a small moment, many people's excitement at meeting their heroes might've been dashed... after they'd spent a good deal of money to get there.

I'm not defending ill words thrown around, but as someone who saved up for this event, I was crushed for a short while. I was able to get over it, so will the people who seem most upset. A woman in line at the Good Faeries Ball was angry that the doors opened late and verbally took it out on one of the security staff. Poor guy, he was just there to keep people in a straight line. Once the doors opened, I'm sure she went in and had a good time after all, despite the delay. But you see how different people will handle these situations. (I was glad the doors opened late because we thought WE were late getting there!)

So even if someone seems angry, I wouldn't take that as not caring about the health and well-being of the artists who had to cancel. Customer service is part of my day job and it's a good study on human nature. Some folks get upset over tiny things, other people don't care if something goes unexpectedly wrong on something they spent a ton of money on. People are funny like that.

That said, I do want to bring to attention the fact that the FaerieCon program does have the disclaimer that guest appearance cancellations are subject to change. Not having a highly visible sign by the entrance led to some confusion, but I don't think anyone was actually lined up for Alan Lee and Brian Froud and found out right then and there.

I hope Alan Lee's family is getting through their difficult time alright, and that Brian's eye gets better soon so he can continue making the art we love. Better a missed appearance than for Brian to risk the health of his eye.

Okay, I have to leave for work so I will be quiet now. *ducks in case vegetables get thrown at me*

And I agree with you very much so about disappointment and wish not to throw veggies at you Nanny!!!! I was just talking about the updating of website comments. Anyway yes this was a week ago and I live in England and have no easy way of getting to the Con so not having experienced it I really have no room for comment, just felt the organizers were getting a bit of a unfair slating!!

Faery Love and Pixie Kisses

Zoe

this could go on forever because like was said above everyone reacts different.
But let me tell you that not knowing that my books would not have been signed made all the difference in the world to me.
In my position I cancelled with American Express before Friday because I did not recieve my tickets and it took me a very long while and alot of e-mails later to find out I was to pick up my tickets at the door.
I went into a depression because I thought and was right, I was not going to get my books signed and when I found out the tickets were at the door via these forums it was already too late to go AND though these forums I found out they weren't going to be there. Don't a one of you make a silent or verbal judgement as to what send people into depressions when they have a major depressive disorder. Not a one of you.
That having been said I just wanted to state that I was on these forums well, up to now it looks like (because of e-mails coming to me that they have been up dated)Then you read them and then you feel like saying something.
Let's hope someone closes this one soon. If I knew how to stop recieving e-mail updating my post i would do that.( I do not have a check in the box)
There are some people out there(because I cannot believe I am the only one) that the art work of Brian Froud is one big huge chunk of there lives. Every book, every greeting card seen in a store, posters,coasters and all the abouve they spend their money on because they are just so driven to it. Or in my case I got a book for a b-day prsent in 1978 call "Faeries" and have become addicted.
Just let it lie that no stones are tosssed at anyone, but believe me when I tell you you just do not know how crushed some people can be. Or in my case, lucky. I got my money back because "I THOUGHT" I had no tickets and look he wasn't even there.

I didn't get to go, I'm too far away. But I am very sorry many of you had a rough time. I imagine it was a let down. The same time, I get blamed for a lot of stuff in my life and people wont cut me a break even when I am trying very hard. So I don't blame anyone on this board who helped put it together.

Lainie, I very much doubt anyone would say a thing about your depression. I myself have sivere depression and I know what it is like, bump after bump after bump until you are certain you can't take anymore darn bumps. I would never say anything about what makes someone depressed.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis