World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Little tales from FaerieCon

Once upon a time, a woman from the Midwesterly country flew to a city of Brotherly Love, along with her dear friend. The woman danced, shopped, met Faeries, and had three days full of wonder and merriment. When time came for her journey home, pending doom struck. Her flight was oversold and there lurked the danger of having to take lone flight three hours later. She feared she would not make it home with her dear and very worried friend. This was ill luck, as the woman had to work the next morning. Because the evil airline had oversold to eleven (ELEVEN) other passengers, the woman faced a late journey home alone. She sat and waited, and remembered that in her pocket lay a magical stone - from a basket of gifts left by a Raven faery. The woman rubbed that stone for good luck and lo! She was the first passenger allowed back on the oversold flight. She made it home, had a nip of celebratory airborn wine, and a story to tell afterward. The end.

(Thanks to Merry Ravenfaery for the beautiful table she laid out by the main stage, and leaving out the basket of moonstones for everyone. I honestly feel it gave me a little luck getting home, and hopefully it will offer the same for whoever I pass it on to.)

Tale number two:

My friend Spring and I were at the faery gloves booth on the last day of the Con. We'd both found pairs we liked and were sifting through the merchandise pile. The woman at this booth was very magical: tall, beautiful, with silvery white hair to her waist, and a blue elven gown on. She said her glove sizes were mixed up and if we were willing to neatly sort the merchandise pile, she would give us both pairs of gloves for one price - less than what one pair alone would cost. We agreed, happily did the work, and wcame away with two pairs of beautiful gloves. I think it's so funny and fitting that we did a faery task and received a boon!

Favorite Froud Book? All of them, why not? :)

Re: Little tales from FaerieCon

squeeeeeee....this makes me very happy :)
i have a whole cauldron of moostones that i brought home from the table, and as promised i am going to return them to the earth in some way in te next few days....still thinking of how and where....maybe i will go to the sea...
either way, we were lying in bed monday night, and i had them all packed in a bag which lay by the door of my room, and my partner emilio kept on waking up all night freaking out about the "energy" at the door of our room.....he was awake until 4 a.m. when i realised it was all of the moonstones and all of the wishes and indeed, i should get them out of my hands soon!

yes the moonstones and special table were a lovely touch. i chose one to take home to my son as kelly and emilio sang and played...thank you for your blessings!

I am the worried Friend who didn't want to take a flight without her friend. I am grateful to the stone that helped her board her flight. Were those stones from Glastonbury? I noticed the cauldron had the chalice well on it. There is certainly a lot of magic floating around Glastonbury. :)

hi spring,
no, the stones were from my home, but i had chalice well water in the cauldron, and so that is why the chalice well image was there.. in the opening ceremony, i put philadelphia city water in the cauldron, then i added the chalice well water, my intention was to bridge the old and new worlds, and to help us connect with our ancestors by way of the waters blending......
yesetrday i put the stones all around the roots of the oldest apple tree i know of.....

Its lovely to know where my stone is now laying.

merry, I'm glad to be able pay you back a teensy bit for three days of happiness in Faerieland.
I seriously sat there with the moonstone in hand, rubbing it like lucky-crystal rubbing was going out of style. I may have polished it to a higher luster.

Oh! I wanted to add to this thread that if anyone else has little tales from FaerieCon, please share. Odd happenings, coincidences, magical little experiences, and the like.

Thats a lovely story!

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis