World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Motivation

My job keeps me very busy, somedays I need to bring work home with me, then when I close my eyes too sleep, my mind races with the tasks I need to accomplish the next day. When I do find time for myself I desire to write but lack motivation. Does anyone know of a herb, an incense, a tea, anything to help me with my personal quests?
Much Thanks

Re: Motivation

I find it helps to sleep better if I make a definite break between my day and all the associated tasks, and going to bed. In my case, I am fortunate enough to be able to slip into the hot tub for 20 minutes. It's the very last thing I do before going to bed. However, you might want to drink a nice herbal tea and read a book. Anything to break free of the endless task list running through your head.

Do you exercise regularly? Along with a good night's sleep, that also helps keep my energy level high.

I find I do my best writing during my lunch hour at work. It's a nice break from my number crunching, it's creative, and it's for me, not for someone else.

A nice tea, just by itself, I don't think is enough. You need total downtime to re-energize your batteries.

Hope this helps.

Keep a note book with you to jot down ideas when they occur to you. This could be at work- providing it's just a quick note I'm sure no one will mind. This will give you something to work with when you have time to write properly, and just keep ideas ticking over.

Personally I find incense, herbal teas and music very effective for unwinding. Bthing/showing before bedtime can also help. It depends on my mood when scents etc. I go for. I'd reccommend finding some that appeal to you, go for scents you find nice and relaxing. I quite like Lotus, Jasmine and Sandlewood. Camamile tea is good. Warm milk is reccommended to help you sleep. Music tends to be Enya, Tangerine Dream (Green Desert for eg, some of their tracks are NOT relaxing) or Vangelis.

Doing this means your senses are engaged, but relaxed. Don't worry about going to sleep, just enjoy the music. Assuming you are tired anyway once you relax enough you *will* go to sleep.

If this *doesn't* work, go and do something else for a bit until you feel more sleepy.

Favorite Froud Book? good faeries/bad faeries

Did I just type 'Bthing/showing'? I meant bathing/showering!

Favorite Froud Book? good faeries/bad faeries

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis