World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holloween Lore

Hey guys! I'm interested in holloween lore and don't know a thing besides costumes and trick or treating. Anybody know about the roots of this tradition?

Danelle

Favorite Froud Book? tarot

Re: Holloween Lore

if you google "roots of samhain" or anything like that, there are a million web pages with info on this ancient earth holiday....the gaelic word "samhain" means "summer's end" (pronounced sow-en)and is when we enter from the light half of the year (beltane to samhain) into the dark half of the year (samhain to beltane) and so the two opposite holidays of mayday and halloween are like the twilight points on the wheel of the year.....i could write a novel on the subject of the seasonal holidays, but many already have! so look it up and enjoy....it is such a magical tradition.....

Re: Holloween Lore

Thanks Raven, I'll check it out - Danelle

Favorite Froud Book? tarot

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis