World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Did this happen elsewhere? Curious...

Here where I live, all of the trees changed into their Autumn colors rather slowly. In fact, the whole neighborhood was green up until just a week ago. They were entirely changed within the first week of October last year. No rain either, fairly unusual.

Seem the Halloween spirit followed this example. Usually October feels mysterious and scary, like a run up to Halloween. To me, it didn't this year. I live in the suburbs and we usually have endless amounts of kids ringing our doorbell...not even one this year. Not one. Mind you we don't make our house up totally, but we did have out TV up and a few lights on.
I also hear there was not much of a variety of candy as there usually is.
Is that just us or do you suppose it is all to do with the energy?

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Re: Did this happen elsewhere? Curious...

My doorbell would not stop ringing, I shut off the porch light around nine. A lot of spider-man and princesses. The trees did change late this year and only now starting to loose they're leafs, the smell of fall is in the air. Sorry to hear it wasn't the same for you

Hi Alex
I was wondering if it was me...but maybe we are both trapped in the same alt. reality!?
I've been sad at the lack of a certain type of energy that I'm used to at this time of year but I figured that it was my first year in this apt. and that might be the reason.....no trick or treaters here either but my front door is tucked away so I wasn't expecting any...but I still missed them! And I really miss my shadow friends that I usually see this time of year! Maybe they will show up later. Something else I haven't seen/heard yet (might be too early??) are the migrating geese.

down here the rain finally (!) started about midnight last night. Perfect for the party-goers. My BF that's a local said that was perfect for the season. I just hope we get enough rain this year!

(doing a rain dance)
Take care of yourself and enjoy the weekend.

I know, Halloween was unseasonally nice where I am, too. We usually have our first snow either before Halloween or _on_ Halloween so all the little trick-or-treaters are all bundled up either over or under their costumes!

The week coming up to Halloween this year, at this side of the globe, was actually a lot colder than I can remember ever. Ireland is not a snow type country really, and they had snow not far from me (about 5 miles), and in Northern Ireland, they had massive snowfalls. So here in Ireland it was the exact opposite.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis