World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone want to give me feedback?

So, I've come on this forum a lot over the years as I've developed my writing. And you guys have always been awesome about it. I like to come here with what I've created, because I know no one's going to tear me to shreds. So I'm back again, and I'm really pretty serious about getting this one published.
Would anyone here be willing to be a test reader? The story is about 230 pages long, but I'd just send a few chapters at a time when you've got the time. It's not about faeries I'm afraid, but it does touch a bit on modern paganism. Mostly I'd put it in the category of dark fantasy.

Re: Anyone want to give me feedback?

I'm game.....

Favorite Froud Book? The Faeries Oracle

My I suggest that you first mail yourself a copy of your book, do not open it, this way at least the post mark could be applied to a copy write if you ever need to prove that the work is yours.

I'd like to read it, i'm always looking for something new to read. ^^
~*Kylie*~

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries/Bad faeries

That is excellent advice,Morning Grey, I'll certainly keep it in mind as I send copies around.

Hi there,

I am keen to read it :) It would be great to read something new.

Best wishes

Spriggan

Favorite Froud Book? The Art of Wendy Froud

i would love 2 read it i am currently illustrating my friends dark fantasy book so i would be really interested in your visual language tnx

Hi Laeah,
I wouldn't mind reading it, it sounds interesting. I'm a book worm so I don't mind. So it reads more like a dark fantasy or is it sort of gothic?

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

I kind of disappeared because I'm completely petrified of showing it to people, even though I do want opinions. It is dark fantasy, a modern sort of gothic spin on a number of different fairy tales, primarily Beauty and the Beast and Anderson's version of the Little Mermaid. So, I guess I'll take a deep breath and send off a few samples. Can I have you guy's emails, or should I just post a snipit here?

Okay, I figured out that the little mailbox icon shows your address. Wee, I feel dumb. But anyways, I sent off the first two chapters to everyone who expressed interest. Take your time, and just tell me what you think. Grazie!

Like I said in my reply email, I loved it. Very well done. ^^
~*Kylie*~

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries/Bad faeries

Leah, have you sent out your work yet and has anyone giving you feedback yet??

Hello Laeah,
The first two chapters were amazing! I especially loved the 1st chapter. The descriptions, the setting, and the dialogue was beautiful! Now I'm really looking forward to you story lol plus it was really different not what I was imediately expecting at all.
That poor boy Nathan man I felt so sorry for him... At first I thought Rosaline was a Leahanne Sidhe.
She had that poor boy mesmerized for her it was sport, but for him it "would've" been a special memory. With the 2cd chapter your heading deeper into the plot.
Oh well the story rocks it's like a fairytale with an edge, keep writing. ^_^;

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

Morning Grey: I took your advice with the mailing thing and, then yes, I sent off a few copies of the first 2 chapters. Did you want to read it? I think I may have missed your email when I sent it round.

Bree:I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I've been worried that after investing so much time in the thing, that it was just going to flop everywhere I took it. Would you be ready to look at 2 more chapters? I'm just sort of feeding it out in increments so I don't overload any one.

Leah, when I'm able to read again for fun You'll be first to know. I'm very interested in your work, but it's the end of year and I have a lot of work to do before the end of year. I wish you all the best with your work, and again once I can read again for fun your book (published i hope) will be the first

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis